Tuesday, December 22, 2009
This Christmas story in the Bible has always been one of my favorites. I espeically love the King James version...I love the old words. Reading this account of the birth of Jesus always brings back fond memories of being asked to hold the honor of reading the Christmas story in Utica at my grandparents. The grandchild asked to read was usually hitting some sort of milestone that year- going into Middle School, graduating high school, college, whatnot. Regardless of who was asked to read, I was always caught up in the words of these important verses. In the chaos of Christmas between shopping and not having nearly enough time to spend with the ones you dearly love, I always found this scripture so serene. And, it usually only takes me a second to remember why we are celebrating Christmas & to put all of that craziness aside for just a little while & truly appreciate what we have.
Carly & Mom came in town this weekend to pick up Hutch and our dogs. They made it back safe & sound (& with their sanity, if you can imagine) yesterday. While Jeremy & I have really enjoyed a couple of days to ourselves, we CAN'T WAIT to hit the road tomorrow & go join everyone. We head to Shreveport tomorrow, then on to Jackson first thing on Thursday.
I wish everyone a Merry Christmas! I hope you all enjoy these next few days & take a few minutes to remember what the Christmas season is all about!
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
We had a great time last weekend with Jeremy's family in Fredericksburg. Because we will be spending Christmas in MS, we got together for the weekend & had an early Christmas with Jeremy's fam! Here is Hutch with his Uncle Jarrod.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
- The Muse- our hotel was incredible. Not only was is super sleek, it was also super close to everything.
- Marriott Restaurant- we ate at the revolving restaurant our first night, which gave us a first look at all of NYC while we had a divine dinner.
- Double Decker bus- we had a 3 day pass, which proved to be well worth the money. We were able to use the bus as transportation throughout the trip, while checking out all the famous NYC spots.
- Central Park- loved, loved, loved this place. I wish we could have spent more time here- it was beautiful!
- Tavern on the Green- did you know they are shutting this place down & reopening it under a new name? I am so glad we were able to experience the real thing before the name changes & the Crystal Room is taken down. It was truly amazing.
- Wicked- need I say more?
- Today Show- Thank you, Dean and Deluca, for the perfect window spot to view Matt & Meredith while sipping our joe.
- The tree at Rockefeller Center- thought it would be smaller than I imagined, but I was pleasantly surprised- it was so pretty!
- The Rockettes- yes, even though I dozed off a couple of times in the show (I was really sleepy), those dancing dolls were super talented.
- Ellen's Stardust Cafe- the waitstaff here is composed of young guys & gals trying to make it on Broadway. They provided great entertainment while we ate dinner- I hope they all make it!
- Empire State Building- amazing views...well worth it!
- Jude Law spotting after Hamlet
- Hanging out with the paparazzi at the Ritz Carlton- yes, we were total tourists.
- Statue Liberty- even though the weather was yucky, she was beautiful!
- Ground Zero- it was just surreal being there. I really loved visiting St. Paul's Chapel, which acted as a refuge for volunteers and those who were missing loved ones. If you haven't heard this historic chapel's story, check it out!
- New York bagels- they lived up to all the hype
- Lombardi's- yummy!
- Little Italy & Chinatown- SO much fun!
Here are a few pics!
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
- Lighting of the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center tomorrow (Alicia Keys & Michael Buble will be performing!)
- Today show
- Lunch at Tavern on the Green
- The Rockettes
- Double Decker Night tour
- NY pizza!!! (for those of you who know me well- I will be in heaven, for sure)
We will be there until Sunday, so we will be super busy trying fit everything in. Of course, we will be going to the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, SoHo, etc., also. I will be sure to post lots of pics when we return!
We had such a great Thanksgiving- we have so much to be thankful for! Hutch seemed to thoroughly enjoy himself in Brownwood at his great-grandparents. It was great to be surrounded by good food & family! I will post pics later!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Ahhhh, just sweetness.
Hutch does this thing with his tongue all the time- I think it mainly has to do with his teething. We always do it with him b/c he thinks its funny. So glad Marc caught this on film, as it is an awesome picture of Hutch & his Dad.
Had to post this one so everyone can see this great view of the 'hawk. It's a very curly mohawk, indeed. I think it suits him quite nicely.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
We had a great time in Houston last weekend. Carly & Mark threw Mark's sister & her husband (Daniella & Jason) a baby shower, so we headed to Htown to help the parent's to be celebrate. The shower was FABULOUS & they had such a great turn out. The food was delish, the decorations super cute, and the mommy to be just simply glowing. They are such great people- we are so happy for them & can't wait to meet little Jordan. We were also thrilled to spend the weekend with my parents! They made the drive in from Jackson, so we were able to hang out with the fam for a few days. The only person missing was Haley & she certainly was missed!
Hutch is currently trying to get over a never ending head cold. My gosh, why won't it go away already???? Poor little thing has been dealing with this since last Tuesday. Over the course of a week, he has been to the doctor 3 times & been on 2 antibiotics. The doctors think it's his ears & have referred him out to a specialist (please let us get tubes!) next week. He has now had 4 ear infections. Plus, he is teething really bad, so he has been pretty fussy. We miss our old Hutch & I know he is super ancious to kick this funk he has.
Hutch will be dedicated at church on Sunday! It is going to be such a special day & we are so honored that our Austin family (& Carly and Mark) and friends will be in attendance. We are having everyone over for lunch afterwards, so that should be fun! I will be sure to post lots of pics...hopefully the little guy will be feeling better.
Have a great remainder of the week & weekend!
Sunday, November 1, 2009
I had to throw this one in- we went to Babies R Us yesterday & Hutch rode in the cart for the first time! I think he really liked it- he kept laughing & checking everything out. I had to prop my purse up next to him half way thru, though, b/c he kept sort of falling over to the side. He is definitely getting better about sitting up on his own, but we still have a little ways to go on the balance piece!
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Hutch checking out his Halloween costume. He was not impressed. This was just before he started screaming & hitting it.
How cute is this sweater pj set? I had to pick up a few new things for Hutch last weekend b/c he is quickly growing out of everything we have here. I think he liked it.
So, last weekend we had pumpkin painting contest at work for kids. Because Hutch is not old enough yet to decorate a pumpkin, I thought I would just dress him up as one. Well, he won Overall Cutest Pumpkin! Here he is with his ribbon- he was very, very proud.
Well, friends, I guess that is it for now! Hutch is growing so quickly & it is absolutely amazing to see his desire to do different things develop. He laughs ALL the time- the ladies at his daycare can't get over how happy he is every day. When we pick him up in the afternoon, he immediately breaks out into giggles as soon as he sees us. It is so funny! He also has recently developed a love for Gerber Graduate Rice puffs- wow. He goes CRAZY when he sees them! At daycare, they place a few on his exercauser & he spins around in circles trying to pick them all up as fast as we can. I think this just confirms we have a seroius eater on our hands.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Hutch & Mom
We had SO much fun in MS. The trip actually getting there was a bit of a nightmare- I think that story deserves its own blog- will post this week. Hutch was a bit sick the whole weekend, but he still had fun cheering on the Dawgs at his first MSU game. He also loved seeing his girlfriend, Ollie, whom he had not seen since May! Who says long distance relationships don't work? We were also super excited to meet our new cousin, Alex. She is SOOOO cute!
Here we are in the stand- we were hooked up with club level seats. Hutch thinks that is the only way to watch a football game. It was so nice!
Tailgating before the game!
On the trip to Starkville in the tank that we rented. This suv was HUGE!
Hanging out with my grandparents!
Nothing like the back porch at my parents!
Hutch loves his Flashy!
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
1) The Mississippi State Fair! I can not begin to tell you how excited I am about the fair. I have not been since I was in high school, so I made sure to plan this trip while the fair was in Jackson. Now, all you Jackson natives & current residents may be concerned that I have lost my mind. As a kid, my parents would always take my sisters & me to the fair every year for Midnight Maddness. We would count down the days & loose sleep the nights prior to this big event. We couldn't WAIT to stay up late getting caught up in all of the excitement the fair had to offer. As I grew older, I would go several times a year- at least once always with my family & then maybe a few times with my friends. I remember one year clogging up on the square dancer stage (they weren't performing at that moment) & entertaining my friends. One year, I won a fish, which turned out to be a tadpole that I named Henderson, after a Counting Crows song ( I was going thru a really strange phase at that time in my life.) Henderson actually lived for several months & grew to be a REALLY large tadpole. Another year I was grounded for 2 weeks because my Dad said I couldn't go to the fair with friends, but I went anyways. Although the wrist band to ride all of the rides for free doesn't quite have the same appeal as it used to, I still can't help but feel like a kid again when I think of the big yellow slide, petting zoo, airbrushed t shirt stands, pig races, free biscuits, Pronto Pups, Malone's Taffy, game booths, and circus that never failed me year after year. And the smells....the fair has a distinct smell of fried food mixed with a trash like odor. If the wind blows in just the right direction I swear you can smell it in any of the surrounding counties. If you are looking for me Friday evening, I will be busy strolling down that Midway taking it all in again....only this time, I will have Hutch with me! Although I doubt the fair will leave much of an impression on our little man, I am so excited to bring him with us!
2) Mississippi State Football!!! I have not been to a MSU game in 2 years! I should be ashamed of myself, I know. This will be Hutch's first football game, and I think he is really excited. Jeremy has been trying to get Hutch interested in the sport early by watching Gameday together. I am also really looking forward to tailgating with family & friends!
Oh, on a different note, Hutch doesn't have to be fitted for a helmet! We met with the neurosurgeon last week & she said his head is not that bad & can be corrected over time by just doing excercises. She said she can tell it is already starting to round out. We were SO excited to hear this! Hope everyone has a fabulous week & will post pics when we return from our trip!
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Nothing exciting going on here. We have experienced our first taste of fall here in Austin, so I was so excited last week to pull some long sleeve clothes out of his closet. He usually wears onesies, so I am always up for an opportunity to dress him up a bit.
I bet the baby chicks at daycare couldn't take their eyes off this little stud that day.
I have been meaning to post the following pics for a while. Isn't this hilarious? I mean, Hutch, GET COMFORTABLE already! No reason not to kick back! He L-O-V-E-S his bottles. And his Dad.
Sometimes he loves his bottles so much, he can't wait to sit down! He is convinced that he has such strong suction power, he can just suck that milk right out of the bottle, even when it is right side up. We think this means he will be very smart. Not really sure how that relates to what he is doing in this pic. Just thought I would throw that in there.