Sunday, January 11, 2009

Book Club

I decided this week that my blog deserves an entry to honor my Book Club. Let me just say, that I think my Book Club (the official name is Book to Movie Club) is by far the hippest book club around. I was asked to join this club of random women (and I only say random b/c it is a group of women who work together, or live in the same cul-de-sac, or just happened to know another member- it's not like we all hung out together before this club started) back in June. I think it is a far cry from your normal book club. First of all, we only pick books that are also movies. That way, you have the option of reading the book, watching the movie, or both! We do actually talk about the book, but the majority of that conversation seems to focus on whether or not we liked the book, how similar or different was it to the movie, the characters, other books by that author, etc. THEN, it's on to other things! We eat, we drink (only a few months until I can enjoy a nice glass of wine again:), and we talk about stuff. We seem to laugh alot about the going-ons in everyone's life. There were some funny stories this past week about children, in laws, and the totally inappropriate things people say & do when you are pregnant. I would list out specifics, but Karan, I just don't think I can beat how you described it in your blog. Anyways, if you enjoy reading, I would highly encourage anyone who has a free night each month to join a book club or even start one. It is SO much fun & you get to meet some great people. This month, in honor of Valentine's Day, our book is Chocolat. I am excited b/c I have not read it yet. Can't wait to get started! In honor of my Book Club, here is a list of my fav books. Jeremy has been known to ask, "Do you think our son will be a nerd like you?" Haha! I LOVE to read & here are some of the best books I have picked up....

1) Tara Road (and anything else by Maeve Binchy)
2) The Time Traveler's Wife
3) 3 Cups of Tea
4) Cane River
5) Savannah Blues (and anything by Mary Kay Andrews)
6) The Twilight Series (that goes out to you, Edward)
7) 1000 Splendid Suns
8) The Kite Runner
9) All Harry Potter books
10) Tess of d'Ubervilles (not sure if I spelled that right)

I hope everyone has a fabulous week & happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. I've joined a book club too!! It just started and we are having our first meeting this Sunday! We are reading The Almost Moon by ALice Sebold...it is WIERD! anyway, keep me updated on the books ya'll are reading...i'll have to suggest one in the next few months...we already have our next one picked out.

    ReplyDelete