Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happier than a Lark

So, I went to the doctor for my 2 week checkup on Tuesday, and as I posted a while back, I had a goal to gain a meager 1 pound/ week, as per my doctor. I was so nervous. While I definitely think I watched what I ate more than I have since I found out I was pregnant, it is safe to say I cheated a time or two. Or 3. Or 4. Ok, really, who diets when they are pregnant? I mean, really? Is that even possible? So, I just had this fear the scale was going to reflect an additional 10 pounds or something. I almost asked, "Would it be weird if I just loose all of my clothing? I am sure it weighs alot, and I want to make sure that I have an accurate reading." SO, what was the verdict? 0 gainage! I mean ZERO pounds gained over the past 2 weeks. Fully clothed! Woo-hoo!!!! I just wanted to turn cartwheels all the way down the hall to my assigned little room. Words just can't express. My mom suggested maybe the scales were broken, and they did loose all computer systems at some point while I was there, but I am not asking any questions. SO, I celebrated as anyone should, by picking up a Starbucks Vanilla Frappucino on the way back to work. Yah!

Everything is looking good in regards to the little guy. Hutch is about 3 pounds right now & 30 1/2 cm long. Not inches, as I once thought. That is another story, though. His heart rate was 140, so he is doing just fine!

Tomorrow is Friday- TGIF! We have no plans, either, so that will be super nice. I am sure there will be a little more painting- I may paint my red door this weekend. I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend & I will catch up later!

1 comment:

  1. So jealous about the 0 gainage! Glad to hear Hutch is growing & doing well! I can't believe you are already at the 2 wk checkup point...that means, I am next! (I've got to get busy!) We are always praying for Hutch's save & health arrival. Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete