Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Some 1,700 Miles Later.....

And we are back from our holiday travels! We had such a great time visiting both of our families, and although we spent ALOT of time in the car, we were very fortunate to be able to take a week off for our little road trip. Our Christmas was fabulous- just the 2 of us. We had such a great day! We hit the road on the 26th & headed to Odessa. We awoke Saturday morning to those mighty West Texas winds, and Jeremy knew then for sure he was home. :) I think the highlight of our trip was making a trip out to his family's ranch about 3 hours away. It was absolutely beautiful & especially cool considering how long it has been in his family. His uncle was quite the tour guide while we were roaming around in the TX back country. Our time in Odessa is always so relaxing- love it. We were able to spend alot of time hanging out with family, so that was nice.

We headed to MS just in time to spend NYE at the old stompin' grounds- Hal & Mal's. While it was probably the most tame NYE I have had in quite some time, it was so great to see familiar faces & hang out with our MS fam & friends. And, YES, for those of you who may understand- I was front & center waiting for those Krystals at midnight. Wow, your priorities sure change when you are pregnant. Wait, though, maybe I would have been the first one in line even if I weren't pregnant? Hmmm... anyways, thank you, Brandi White. My grandparents, Jan, and Mom were gracious enough to spend the day with us at the Windsor Ruins & other small MS gems. We also were able to see Leahbeth & Whit and the Hutto Family. It was great to see all of you!!

I will post some pics as soon as we download them. Hutch is doing great- went to the doctor yesterday & everything is looking good. I have gained 9 pounds in 3 weeks. I was so excited about being pregnant during the holidays b/c I thought I could just go to town & not feel guilty about it. Someone should have reminded me I would be jumping on a scale the next week. Oops. Maybe those Krstyals at midnight were not such a great idea. Or those Krystals the night before we headed back to Austin. I totally blame that on Haley. Anyways, that is it for now. I hope this finds everyone well, and Happy 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment