Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend at a Glance

This weekend was great! It was super busy, but we were able to get alot done. Saturday I had to work for a bit, but after that, I made another trek to Ikea for the sole purpose of a stuffed alligator. Call me crazy, but you haven't seen this gator. Casey is currently working on an alligator cut out to hang up in Hutch's nursery & it is so cute. Well, when Jeremy & I last ventured to Ikea, I noticed a really long stuffed alligator & I thought it would go great in the nursery. Well, I decided I would hold off because that was the last thing I should be buying right now. Well, that gator has just been in the back of my mind ever since. I needed another lamp for Hutch's room anyways (despise overhead lighting), so I made a quick trip up north to the great maze & picked everything up. AND, yes, the gator looks fabulous. I have a feeling it will be one of Hutch's favorite stuffed animals.

Saturday night we went to dinner with Jarrod, Casey, and her fam. It was great to hang out with everyone & dinner was fantastic. Sunday, we joined a church! I am so excited- we have been visiting Lake Hills Church for a while now, and we finally decided we were ready to join. They now hold services in the Austin City Music Hall & we just feel like that is where we are meant to go. It is very close to our house, we really like the pastor, the music is awesome (live band every Sunday), they have alot of opportunities to get involved, and I think their kids program is great, as well. We are very happy with our decision! Sunday night, we had dinner with my cousins, Tommy & Amy. We met up at Doc's & had a blast!

The nursery is practically done-I am so pleased with it. I have had a few requests to post some pics, and I will, but I am waiting until after our shower on the 21st. I want it to be a surprise for our family & friends coming in. We have put a lot of work into it & could not have done it without the help of Jarrod & Casey. We all agree that Hutch is going to have the coolest pad in Austin.

Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Just found this post... So glad to have you guys at LHC! Come find me next week and say Hi.

    Lane Wood

    ReplyDelete