Thursday, March 5, 2009

Catching Up

Levi Recovering

It has been about a week since I last wrote & several things have happened, so let me bring you all up to speed. Here are this week's headlines:

LEVI PARTIES TOO HARD AT BABY SHOWER RESULTING IN VET VISIT

It's no secret that Levi loves beer. He can spot a beer bottle/ can from a mile away & once he has a little sip, he is attached to your side for the rest of the evening. So, everyone thinks this is really funny & cute, right, so they give him beer. Then another person comes along and gives him some more beer. Then, someone notices that he is begging & OH, Levi likes peanuts! So, they give him nuts. And Wheat Thins. And more beer. This goes on throughout out our shower, which lasted approximately 5 hours. We have decided this is the 2nd best day in Levi's life (topping the charts- Stoneleigh Pool Party Summer of 2007). Well, Tuesday rolls around & Levi is super sick & has the serious shakes when we are leaving to go to work. We decide to take him to the vet & they hook him up to an IV to rehydrate him. They have to run xrays & give him dry food to get him back to normal. Basically, we think, Levi had a $300 hangover. Needless to say, he will be under strict supervision during our next get together.

SCHEDULED TO INDUCE 3/19!!!!

That's right! We had an ultrasound done on Tuesday & Hutch is already weighing in at 7 lbs 7 oz.'s! There is some concern that my original due date (3/30) is actually wrong, and it should be closer to 3/20. My doctor asked how I felt about being induced, and I basically told her to let's get this ball rolling. So, in efforts to not have a 12 pound baby :), she went ahead & scheduled me to be induced on 3/19. Needless to say, we are so excited & even though there is always a chance he will come early, our families will be here for the big day. AND, Carly & Haley are on Spring Break that week, so everything just works out perfectly! We knew the only way our families could be here is if we were scheduled to be induced, so this was great news!

SURPRISE SHOWER TODAY AT WORK

SO, my bday was on Tuesday & some friends of mine at work decided we should all go to lunch to Macaroni Grill to celebrate my birthday today. So, when we walked in there were several people already there & there was a table with a diaper cake & several gifts. It was such a surprise! We had such a great time & I was so honored to have so many people attend & put such effort into throwing a surprise luncheon for me. In fact, I think that is the first surprise party I have ever had! It was a blast! We had a great time- I am truly blessed to work with such great people!

So, that wraps up the significant events in our lives at the moment. We are just trying to make sure that everything is ready to go when Hutch arrives. This means that Jeremy has a few things left to put together, which needless to say, he is thrilled about. We have a few things going on this weekend, but nothing super crazy. I will write more when I can! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. 1. Oh. My. Gosh. Poor Levi - that seriously made me laugh out loud at my desk.

    2. YAY for 3/19! Can't wait to meet Hutch! Maybe Kell won't be afraid to hold him since he'll be family. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to y'all!! I hope I get to meet Hutch soon... Maybe Kell, MSKS, Cliff and I can take a little trip to Austing soon... :) Congrats again and keep me updated! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete