Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hangin' with Hutch

So, our first week has been such a blast. We have had a great time getting to know little Hutch & he seems to really like his new home. My Mom was here all last week, and she was just a life saver! She did SO much...from cooking great dinners every night to washing clothes to changing diapers to staying up with Hutch so we could get some sleep. We had some friends ask us today, "So, how has it been with a newborn at home?" We said, "It's been great! Super easy! Ask us next week." We really don't know what we would have done without her here! I was so sad to see her go & she hated to tell her new grandson goodbye. We were both pretty emotional today. She will be back in a month, though, with my grandparents, so I am really looking forward to that!

Hutch has had jondis (sp?) really bad since he left the hospital. He had his first pediatrician appt. on Monday & his score was higher than it should be- it had increased since we left the hospital. He had to go to the doctor every day last week & have his heel pricked. I think he was so used to it that he stopped crying by Wed. The doctor had us place him in a special bed that exposes him to light in order to try & rid him of the jondis. The bed looked like a suitcase, but when you opened it, it looked like a mini tanning bed on the inside. He had to wear the special goggles while he was inside & the doctor asked us to keep him in it all times except for when feeding- for 2 days! He actually seemed to enjoy broke our hearts, though. He looked so cute in his little goggles- will post a pic of that soon. He just sprawled out in it & soaked up the rays. It really helped b/c his levels have gone down ever since...I take him back to the doctor tomorrow for a follow up.

I guess that is all for now! Tomorrow is my first day at home with everyone gone. I am really looking forward to having the next couple of months off to hang out with Hutch. Here are some recent pics of him. More soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment