Saturday, April 4, 2009

Just a Couple Things...

This was on Friday- we had our first outing. We went to meet Jeremy for lunch at McAllister's. Then, I swung by my office so Hutch could meet a few friends. I wasn't planning on getting him out, but it was such a beautiful day & I was going a bit stir crazy.


Isn't he just a little cutie...

#1- I saw the saddest movie I think I have ever seen today. I had recieved proper warning from all those who have seen this movie before, but it did not even begin to prepare me for the tears to come. I don't think I have ever cried so hard during a movie. What movie was it? Marley and Me. I mean, really? Did they have to go into such detail at the end? About 45 minutes before the ending, I was literally curled up on the couch holding Levi in my shaking arms sobbing uncontrollably. I am sure most of you have already seen it, but the part where Jennifer Aniston yells at Marley b/c she is so stressed & just exhausted after having her first child totally hit home. I have not yelled at Levi, but this week his signs of envy have definitely started to make themselves known. Last night he was so excited & he jumped up on the couch & just walked right over Hutch. Jeremy got onto him, so what we think was his response, he went & lifted his leg on Hutch's ottoman. When I got up to feed Hutch last night, Levi got out of bed & followed with his head hung low. He then jumped up into the chair with us & just put his head on my knee & pouted. I have really tried to make sure I am still giving him attention...it is obviously a challenge, but I am trying. During my Marley & Me sobbing, he just looked at me like I was crazy. Diesel was present also, but being the independent, non- touchy dog that he is, he was on another chair looking at me like I had lost my mind.

#2- Back to Book Club. Just a quick note on this- April's book was Twilight! Yay!!!! At our meeting on Wed., we are actually watching the movie. W00-hoo! I was not present at the March meeting, but a huge "high 5" to all the ladies for picking out this winner of a combo. I can't wait to watch it again!

#3- Hutch Update...all is well with the little dude...we just started a feeding schedule for him & that is really going well so far. We have been able to monitor how much he is eating & he is sleeping more throughout the night. It has been a little bit of a challenge, but nothing like what I expected. He had his 2 week checkup on Friday & everything looks great! His jaundice (sp?) is pretty much gone, so that is such a relief. He is now weighing 9 lbs 3 oz, so he is a bit of a little chunk, and that is ok with us. He is just getting cuter by the day, I think. And he is just so happy all the time..the only time he really cries is when he is hungry. I love how he just sits there & takes everything in. It is so cute.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I missed you on Friday. Can't wait for you to join us at our next Mom e Event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I already love Mr. Hutch! Can't wait to meet him in the flesh.
    2) I borrowed Marley and Me from a friend, and I'm scared to watch it. I read the book years ago, but i'm afraid seeing it on the silver screen might even be worse.
    3) I'm also having some inner discord about reading Twilight. I admit to being curious about all the buzz, but I am still not 100% over Harry Potter withdrawls. I'm a freak.

    ReplyDelete