Thursday, July 23, 2009

It Was a Big Day

One year ago today Jeremy & I found out we were pregnant! I can still picture that day like it was yesterday. Jeremy was SO sure I was pregnant, but I thought he was crazy. We came home from work, took the test, and parked it in our then office (now nursery!) and waited so anxiously. He asked if he should go check the results or if I should or if we should venture in together. Thinking it would for sure be negative, I gave him the honors. It seems as if he were in there for about 10 minutes. He came out yelling, "It's got 2 lines! It's got 2 lines!" He was SO excited! I was speechless. I think my first response was, "Should we take another test just to be sure?" Don't get me wrong- I was super excited. I think it just hit me all at once, and we had thought it would take a little longer than it did. Once I recovered from the initial shock, we decided we wouldn't call anyone until we confirmed everything at the doctor. Then, we immediately called our parents & siblings. Yeah, the whole not telling anyone thing just didn't work for us. It's amazing how quick that one year flew by & it is even more amazing that we now have this sweet 4 month in our lives. Our lives certainly have changed over the course of a year, and we wouldn't trade it for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment