Friday, July 3, 2009

Let me Blog About a Book

I thought I would share this with all of my fellow book reading bloggers. Sarah's Key is a phenomenal book, written by Tatiana De Rosnay, that gives you a detailed look at how the Holocaust deeply affected a little girl and her family in France. The book intertwines her story with a modern day woman's story through alternating chapters. The book takes you on a journey that connects the 2. While this is certainly not an easy read, and by easy, I mean easy on your heart & mind, it is well worth your time. I will not lie- I cried, I mean sobbed, through several sections of the book. I don't think I have ever read a book that has touched me like this one. And I have read alot of books. Sarah's Key makes you realize how blessed you are. It makes you realize that even your worst days don't shed a light on what so many had to go through during the Holocaust. Although this book is fiction, the author tied in actual events. To sum up what another review said, "This book will stay with you long after you put back on the shelf."

No comments:

Post a Comment