Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Clear Skin & Sweatbands

Today was a busy day for our little son. He had no idea what was lined up for him when he woke up smiling this morning. First of all, we headed to the dermatologist. Hutch's pediatrician recommended he go due to his baby acne. It's been really odd b/c it went away about a month ago but recently came back very severe. His pediatrician said it was one of the worse cases he has seen. Yay. Just what a new mom wants to hear. The dermatologist told us, however, that baby acne tends to peak at 4 months, and while she could prescribe him something to help, irritated skin would be the side effect, so there was really no point. She said he should outgrow it by 6 months, so that is good to know. She didn't seem too concerned, and being a Mom of 2 small children herself, her words of wisdom were reassuring. I guess now we play the waiting game!

Hutch then had to make a 4:30 appointment for his first day at Physical Therapy. His pediatrician also recommended he go get checked out for torticollis. For those of you who are unfamaliar, let me give you the simple definition. Hutch's neck muscles are not developing quite as quickly on one side as they are on the other. I think this may be due to the fact that he favors one side when he sleeps. His head is a bit flatter on one side, so we are trying to correct it. I was very impressed with the little operation we visited (for those of you fellow Austinites, we went to Kid Therapy). They basically placed Hutch on a mat & did some little exercises with him. We do have do have some training to do here at home & we follow up in 1 month. It was relief to find out that he has a very minor case of the torti (that is what I am going to call it from now on I think) and it should be easily corrected as long as we practice alot at home. My boss suggested we get him some work out attire for when he attends these therapy sessions. I am currently in the market for a baby sweatband & wristbands. I think that would be so cute! Sorry, Jeremy, I am not kidding. I will post pics as soon as I am successful in my quest.

So, to sum things up, Hutch did great & never fussed during either appointment. Perhaps it was the thought of clear skin & sweatbands that made him happy?

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, if you find baby size sweatbands, you HAVE to let me know! Good luck with the PT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so precious - you need to teach him the words to "Let's Get Physical"

    ReplyDelete
  3. it had to be the clear skin and sweat bands! too cute! glad all turned out ok....

    ReplyDelete