Thursday, August 27, 2009

In My Opinion....

I can sum up my review for The Other Queen in one sentence: "It's finally over." Of course, I am much too long-winded for a one sentece post, however. While I have been super impressed by the majority of Gregory's books (some of you are probably familiar with The Other Boleyn Girl), this one was super boring, very uneventful, and left the reader thinking, "And??????" I won't go into more detail- I am sure I have lost some of my audience already. While I would highly recommend many books written by this author, leave this one the shelf! B-O-R-I-N-G. I have much higher hopes for my current read, The Society of S (thanks for the recommendation, Jennifer!). Hopefully, it won't take me 2 months to finish.

2 comments:

  1. Suprising after all her other books were so good. This one is on my list. Just have to find it at the library! I hope you enjoy The Society of the S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of when I finished Wuthering Heights. I closed the book and wanted to bang my head against the wall. I spent three weeks of my life that I can never get back on that book! A classic? Not in my opinion. More like a waste of time.

    ReplyDelete