Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Odds and Ends

As stated in my last blog, I have a few random exciting things to share. Here goes...

1) Today Hutch is 5 Months! People always tell me that your kids grow up so fast. Ok, I get it now. Friends would talk about how so and so was already in kindergarten. Or that their other little one was walking now. I would always agree that time certainly does fly, but inside I always thought, "Kindergarten? Walking? I mean, you are still a little kid when you go to kindergarten. And walking. I mean, really, technically, they haven't grown THAT much." Now, I understand. These past 5 months have FLOWN by. Sorry, friends, I now understand all too well.

2) I am going to NYC! I can't wait! I started thinking last week that I really want to go. I have never been & I definitely need to make a trip before we have another baby. SO, instead of just talking about it, I took initiative! Yay! A few days later I have a plane ticket, hotel reservations (thanks to my Mom), and Alissa, her Mom, and my Mom as traveling buddies. Girls trip! We are going during Christmas, too, and I think we will get to see the lighting of the tree at Rockefeller Center. I am going to do everything that is touristy. I am so excited!

3) Weight Watchers- 2nd attempt. Since I only lasted a week the first time I tried WW, I don't think it can technically count as an attempt. I am on day 3 & it has been great! My motivation- if I get to the size I want, I will reward myself with a pair of skinny jeans & tall boots. Bring it on, WW.

4) Houston Bound this weekend- woo hoo! We are so excited to spend the weekend with Jenn, Chad, and Alissa at the Johnson house. It should be a super relaxing time & I can't wait! I am getting a bit antsy after staying home this past weekend. :)

5) The Time Traveler's Wife- Love it, Love it, Love it!!!! It has been a while since I read the book, but from what I remember, it followed it pretty closely. I heart Rachel McAdams.

6) Congrats, BJ & Jenn on the birth of little Alex! She is SO cute! We are so happy for you guys, and although we won't be at Luckett this year for Thanksgiving, Hutch hopes to meet his little cousin soon!

7) I am officially addicted to Farm Town on Facebook.

I think that is all of my random thoughts at the moment. As usual, I was a bit long winded. Hope I didn't bore y'all too much! Have a great rest of the week!

1 comment:

  1. So, a couple of comments for all of your updates!!
    --yes, time does go SO fast...Whit is 2 1/2 and talking so much and learning so much...i look back at his baby pictures and can't believe he's not a baby anymore!! there are really lots of things that you really just can't understand until you are a parent...then you GET it!! and yes, when Hutch starts walking, you will be like, "OH MY GOSH MY BABY IS WALKING!!!"
    --so excited for your NYC trip...JEALOUS!! I've never been to NY but will make it there one day!
    --good for you for starting WW...its a great way to lose weight and keep it off b/c you really change how you eat, keeping proportions smaller and monitoring how much you eat in a day...so, keep it up and i know you will do well!!
    miss you and hope to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete