Friday, September 18, 2009

TGIF

Hello, friends! Sorry for the delay in a new post- our lives have been pretty uneventful over the past week or so. And, let me just say, we have LOVED it that way. We have had so much fun having 0 plans. And, before you get too excited....I must admit that nothing is changing over the course of the next couple of weeks. So, what have all of you been up to???

I had a 1/2 day today to take Hutch to his 6 month checkup. He was such a little trooper- he took those 4 shots like a real man. We did find out that he has to go see a neurosurgeon for his head- looks like the pt hasn't been too beneficial. He will most likely have to be fitted for a helmet to correct some uneven growing in his head. As I am sure any mom would- I have had 1000 thoughts going thru my head in the past couple of hours on what I could have done to prevent this. I won't bore you with the details. We are lucky that it is nothing worse & hopefully, we have caught this early enough that it can be corrected within time.

While I had intended on running a few errands this afternoon with the little dude in tow- I could just tell he wasn't feeling well after his shots, so we headed home & he has been sleeping peacefully for the past couple of hours. Carly & Mark are heading this way for a wedding tomorrow. We can't wait to see them! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about having to get a helmet. Don't beat yourself up over it. It happens to more babies than you realize. Make sure your insurance will cover it. Some won't because they consider it cosmetic. Those dang little things can be expensive, too! Our ped never recommended one. The therapist mentioned it, but Sterling's head shape wasn't severely altered and has gradually evened out.

    ReplyDelete