Thursday, October 29, 2009

Early Bird

It's no secret that I like to get up early. I definitely picked this trait up from my Dad who without fail is up every morning around 5 AM. I especially LOVE waking up super early on the weekends & making up for my lack of sleep with a long nap in the afternoon. Sometimes, however, on Thursdays & Fridays when I have alot to do & I am in a fab mood about the upcoming weekend, I will wake up really early before going to work. For example, this morning- Hutch woke up at 3:30, so I fed him & put him back down. Now, my alarm was not set to go off for 2 more hours, BUT here I am! I realized this morning that I love getting up this early b/c it allows me to have some Lindsey time. Everyone else is asleep, Jeremy isn't using the computer for studying, Hutch is in his own little dreamland back in his nursery, I can catch up on The Ellen Show that I have DVRd throughout the week. Ahhhh, lovely. SO many great things about having a couple of restful hours all to myself. As those of you with kiddos can relate- our days start off with trying to juggle getting ourselves ready for work, lunches made, and Hutch ready for "school". We usually have to wake him up, as currently he likes to wake up once anytime b/w 1-4 during the night, so he has already gone back to sleep. The evenings seem to go by in even more of a whirlwind. We are usually all home by around 6. Hutch will usually starting hearing his internal dinner bell shortly after. Then, it's bath time & into the pjs. We typically only have about 2 hours with him before it's story time & then off to bed!

SO, I have not had a whole lot of time to update my blog since my last post, but there really hasn't been alot of what you may consider excitement going on at our house over the past couple of weeks! We have really had a couple of relaxing weekends- it has been so nice! We are getting super excited about celebrating Hutch's first Halloween! We are going to a party for a couple of hours early evening- I can't wait to post pics of Hutch in his monkey costume! Sunday, I am heading to N Austin for Race for the Cure. We have a team with work & I think we are going to have over 80 people representing! We also kick off our UW Campaign at work tomorrow with our annual chili cookoff tomorrow. I volunteered to make the chili for our dept., so I am anxious to see how that goes- thanks, Hal, for the recipe! Well, you know I can't post without throwing in a few pics! Here are a few randoms that I snapped within the past week....

Here we are just hanging out at home! I took this on Tuesday.

Hutch checking out his Halloween costume. He was not impressed. This was just before he started screaming & hitting it.

How cute is this sweater pj set? I had to pick up a few new things for Hutch last weekend b/c he is quickly growing out of everything we have here. I think he liked it.

So, last weekend we had pumpkin painting contest at work for kids. Because Hutch is not old enough yet to decorate a pumpkin, I thought I would just dress him up as one. Well, he won Overall Cutest Pumpkin! Here he is with his ribbon- he was very, very proud.

Well, friends, I guess that is it for now! Hutch is growing so quickly & it is absolutely amazing to see his desire to do different things develop. He laughs ALL the time- the ladies at his daycare can't get over how happy he is every day. When we pick him up in the afternoon, he immediately breaks out into giggles as soon as he sees us. It is so funny! He also has recently developed a love for Gerber Graduate Rice puffs- wow. He goes CRAZY when he sees them! At daycare, they place a few on his exercauser & he spins around in circles trying to pick them all up as fast as we can. I think this just confirms we have a seroius eater on our hands.
Hope you all have a great week & a Happy Halloween!!!!




3 comments:

  1. YAYYY!! I have been waiting for new pics of the little man!! I had to show everyone here the pictures of him... they all know exactly who Hutch is and love his pictures and especially his name! I think I may be becoming that annoying aunt! Oh well... it's no secret that Hutch is the cutest little dude in the world! I love you sister! Give him a kiss for me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet I'm a more annoying aunt than you are Haley! haha...jk! Lindsey, I LOVE the pics! I have been waiting for more pics also! He is adorable! I can't wait to pinch those cheeks. He makes me smile! I love you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I love reading your blog you are so whitty! Not all babies get cuter by the day, but Hutch seriously does! We have to get him & Kehle together...I believe all they would do is laugh! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. send me your email address to: nshutto@hotmail.com.
    Oh- I don't get text messages...not that cool...can't text back...still have the old original nokia!
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete