Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas!

..."And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the LORD. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the Babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." Luke 2:10-14

This Christmas story in the Bible has always been one of my favorites. I espeically love the King James version...I love the old words. Reading this account of the birth of Jesus always brings back fond memories of being asked to hold the honor of reading the Christmas story in Utica at my grandparents. The grandchild asked to read was usually hitting some sort of milestone that year- going into Middle School, graduating high school, college, whatnot. Regardless of who was asked to read, I was always caught up in the words of these important verses. In the chaos of Christmas between shopping and not having nearly enough time to spend with the ones you dearly love, I always found this scripture so serene. And, it usually only takes me a second to remember why we are celebrating Christmas & to put all of that craziness aside for just a little while & truly appreciate what we have.

Carly & Mom came in town this weekend to pick up Hutch and our dogs. They made it back safe & sound (& with their sanity, if you can imagine) yesterday. While Jeremy & I have really enjoyed a couple of days to ourselves, we CAN'T WAIT to hit the road tomorrow & go join everyone. We head to Shreveport tomorrow, then on to Jackson first thing on Thursday.

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas! I hope you all enjoy these next few days & take a few minutes to remember what the Christmas season is all about!

1 comment:

  1. Awe, I just read this (Jan 2) and it made me sad. Time went by way to fasst, but what an awesome time we had. I love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete