Saturday, February 13, 2010

Showers in the Forecast

It's been a while since I had a real post, so I thought I would catch everyone up on what we have been up to! Last weekend, Hutch & I headed to Houston to attend Carly's first wedding shower. Her friends really did a slamming job on this one....I couldn't think of a better place to host a bridal shower. We had a private room at Ouisies, a quaint & charming little restaurant located by the Galleria. The girls did a fabulous job adding their special touches to the room- cute scrapbook paper for placemats, take home wine glasses filled with chocolates, and beautiful flowers as the centerpiece. I definitely took away some ideas for the next shower I host! It was such a great turnout! Carly, Marc, and Marc's family headed to the snow-covered Jxn yesterday for a shower given by MS friends. I wish we could have gone!
We are making our way back to Houston next weekend for another shower, given by Marc's Mom and sister. This one will be at Farrago's, one of my old Htown faves. It should be a lot of fun, and I think I have convinced Jeremy to tag along, so I am super excited about that.
This will be our last weekend with 0 plans for a while, so we are planning to really enjoy it. I think we are going to hit up Dave & Busters today for some fun gaming & then I am volunteering at LHC tomorrow in the nursery. We have received SO much rain here, but I think it's supposed to be a pretty dry weekend, so I am excited about that!
Did everyone watch the Opening Ceremony last night? WOW. I have never been to Canada, but I REALLY REALLY want to go now. I was incredibly impressed, to say the least.
Hope everyone has a great weekend & a lovely Valentine's Day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment