Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

Hello, everyone! I have been meaning to post for a while now, but I just haven't gotten around to it, if you know what I mean. Where does the time go? I thought I would try to briefly catch you up on everything that has been going on with us the past couple weeks! In no random order, here we go!

1. I am 30 today! You know, I am really excited about the big 3-0. No big plans for today- heading to lunch with some friends from work, and then out to dinner tonight @ my fave Austin spot, Home Slice, with Jeremy, Hutch, and maybe Kyle & Jessica. My NYC trip was my early bday present, so I am looking forward to just celebrating my bday with my 2 boys.

2. We got a new ride! Good-bye, Maxine! We decided it was time to get something a bit bigger & more comfy. We have been thinking about trading in the Maxima for a while now, and we finally found the perfect car- we got a 2009 Outlook. We LOVE it. It is so much roomier than my old car. I was really sad, though, saying goodbye to Maxine. I bought my car from Enterprise, so Maxine has been sitting outside my office since Friday. She was a good car, for sure!

3. Hutch....he is growing up SO quickly! We will be celebrating his bday in just a couple of weeks. I can't believe he is going to be one. He is so funny these days. The lady at daycare told me that he has been yanking the bows out of a little girl's hair each day. I thought that was hilarious! He is quite the chatterbox- it is amazing to see his personality develop. Here are a few pics:

Hutch excited about chowing down @ Carly's Brunch shower at Farrago's in Houston

Up to no good?

I thought this picture was funny- this was one of the pictures we took while trying to get a snapshot for Hutch's bday invitation.

4. Carly's Girl's Weekend! We had so much fun last weekend when Carly & friends headed in to celebrate Carly & Marc getting married. Everyone arrived Friday night. We headed to Aziz Day Spa on Saturday morning to get pedicures & have brunch. This place was FABULOUS. I can't say enough good things about the service & facility! Here is a picture of the group:
After pedicures, we headed to one of Carly's fave Austin spots, Whole Foods, for lunch. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, so we had fun sitting outside soaking up the rays. Carly will probably kill me for posting this pic; we love their Cherry Cobbler! :)

Shannon & Laura hosted dinner for everyone at Moonshine Bar & Grill Sat. night. We had about 14 girls there! It was so much fun, and dinner was divine, as always. Here are Gloria, Laura, Shannon, and my Mom.

Carly & Claire

After dinner, we headed back to our house for cake! Shannon picked up this beautiful cake in Houston to fit in the "peacock feather" theme that Carly has going for the wedding.

Some of the ladies...
5. Olympus E-PL1= my new camera! I am so excited!!!! I got my new digital SLR camera for my bday! Jeremy was so excited, he gave it to me last night. I am really nervous, though, b/c I have no idea how to use it & it is quite a step up from my Cannon digital camera. I can't wait to figure out some basic functions & get to snappin'.
6. The wedding is almost here! Carly & Marc get married a week from Saturday & I can't wait! We head to Jackson a week from today. Haley will already be there, so I am so excited to see her! There are so many fun things planned for the wedding weekend! I plan to post again before we head out, but I just had to mention this in a "my fave things" post.
I hope everyone has a great day & rest of the week! XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Happy 30th! And I can't believe Hutch is about to be one! Times flies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated 30 roomie! I can't believe it's been so long... If you get a chance while you are in town give me a call. I'd love to see y'all!

    ReplyDelete