Monday, June 14, 2010

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

Whoa. Has anyone else read this book????? You know how when you watch a scary movie, you cover your eyes with your hands, but you peek through your fingers? That is best way I can describe this read. At times, it was all I could do but put it down. And, on the same token, I couldn't stop reading it. Like watching a trainwreck. I could never read it again- very Silence of the Lambs-ish, if you know what I mean. The content is very disturbing at times, so let me warn the faint of heart- this probably isn't a book for you. It really makes you realize how many crazy, cruel people there are in this world and the what they will do to someone without even a 2nd thought. I can't wait to pick up the sequel, however- The Girl Who Played With Fire. Unfortunately, I couldn't locate a copy at Half Price today & the library seems to be out of all copies. Looks like I may have to purchase this one brand new.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I have been wanting to read the three books by this author. I'm definitely not a scary movie person but I'm too curious to pass them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you find the time to read with a toddler? Sheesh, I haven't read a book since my 9th month of pregnancy! I SO miss reading...every now and then I get to skim through my Parenting Mags! HA!

    ReplyDelete