Monday, November 15, 2010

Hello, Monday...

Happy Monday! How was your weekend? Mine was FABULOUS! I headed to Houston Saturday morning to spend the weekend with Carly. I arrived around noon & we headed over to the Nutcracker Market. It was SO much fun! It was super crowded & there were SO many vendors. We didn't even have time to see all of the booths. Regardless, we walked away with some fun Christmas gifts for friends & family. We plan on making this a tradition each year- maybe next year Haley & my Mom can join us!

Saturday night, we met up with Jenn, Alissa, and Jenn's SIL for dinner at Maggiano's. It was soooo good & I was so surprised when I was presented with baby gifts for little Hazel Claire! Turns out, they planned a little mini shower for me- I truly have the best friends a girl could ask for! Hazel will certainly be stylin' in her new outfits! When we got back to Carly & Marc's, Carly came downstairs with a huge gift from them & my parents- a Nap Nanny! I am so excited- we never had one of these for Hutch (I had never even heard of them), but I see how much Carly & Marc use theirs & I don't know how we did without one. This will certainly be helpful with having 2 kiddos to watch. I also got some qt in with my little nephew, Ryder. Oh my gosh, I just adore him- he is so sweet & good natured & just adorable! I am so mad I have no pictures. I will make up for it at Thanksgiving.

Jeremy & Hutch spent the weekend in Brownwood- Jeremy's grandfather gave Hutch a harmonica & to say he loves it is a HUGE understatement. He knows how to play it (no recognizeable songs as of yet, but I am sure that is only a matter of time:) but he loves to blow on it & hear the sounds. This morning I woke Hutch up & was getting him dressed. Well, Jeremy started playing the harmonica in the living room & I wish I had a picture of Hutch's face. His eyebrows shot up SO high & he broke into the biggest grin & starting doing a little jig right there on the changing table. It was hilarious!

We have a bit of a quiet week this week & this weekend I am planning on wrapping up some Christmas shopping. I know it's early, but we are doing Christmas with my fam in Jackson while we are there for Thanksgiving. I also plan on taking some good pics of Hutch for our Christmas card, since the lights idea didn't work out. The biggest highlight of this week? HALEY IS COMING HOME! Yay! She flies in on Thursday & we are SO excited! We haven't seen her since Carly & Marc's wedding in March, so we are thrilled to get her back in the US.

Have a great week, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I'm coming home!! I'm in South Korea right now... 1/3 of the way home! I can't wait to se yall and the little dude... I have some fun Thai musical instruments he can play with since Hutch is obviously going to be a rockstar. See you in ONE WEEK!!! AHH!!

    ReplyDelete