Sunday, December 19, 2010

I'm No Martha Stewart

...in case any of you were wondering. I always love baking for the holidays- I usually make goodies for our neighbors, friends, coworkers, and Hutch's teachers. So, I decided I would knock this out this weekend. I went to the store Saturday & just racked up a bunch of ingredients so I could have a fun assortment of things to choose from. While my Andes-mint-chocolate chip cookies were divine (only had enough for one neighbor, though), my egg-nog cookies were by no means picture perfect. A huge thank you to Tammy for sharing her family recipe on her blog, as the cookies were super tasty (who doesn't love a sugar cookie with homemade frosting?), but my presentation was far from brag-worthy. I guess these soft, icing covered gems just aren't made for confection bags. These particular little bags I scooped up have fun windows in the front to display the treats on the inside. Maybe not such a good idea- as my frosting coated, sprinkle covered sugar cookies looked like one big melted mess. Oh, well, I am still having Jeremy deliver them tomorrow. I put way too much work into those babies to let a little messiness get in the way. Hey, it's the thought that counts right?

In Other News.....
  • Hutch had his first sleep over at his Uncle Jarrod & Aunt Casey's Friday night. From what I hear, he had a ball. Hopefully, this will be the first of many visits on down the road? :)
  • In case you are on the edge of your seat wondering- Hazel is not here yet. I went to the dr. on Friday & I am at a 3! So, I am definitely making progress. My dr. said that I would most likely make it to my Wed. appt., but she can't guarantee anything after that. We are hanging in there!
  • I finally went to see Harry Potter today...I thought it was really good, except I missed several scenes during my 5 trips to the bathroom. Really. That is how many times I went. No exaggeration. Sitting down for a 2.5 hour movie when you are 9 months pregnant is probably not the best idea.

Is everyone ready for Christmas? We are!!!! I will try to post some Hutch pics soon- we have definitely had some good opportunities for some, but I have been too tired to grab my camera. Or lazy, maybe. Anyhow....I promise to take some soon- will definitely take a bunch over Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so I mess up chocolate chip cookies (who does that?) so don't feel bad! At least you're thinking outside the box and trying something new!

    I cannot wait to meet Miss Hazel--and I cannot believe you are already at 3cm, whoa! I guess it goes faster with your second pregnancy??? Any contractions yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to have a sleepover with Hutch! I'm jealous! Can't wait to see ya'll so soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete