Monday, December 13, 2010

Nesting.....A.D.D. style

Being pregnant, I have heard the term "nesting" quite frequently. Not in reference to me, but in reference to all of my other "used-to-be-pregnant" friends. I have always laughed at it, as I haven't really experienced this desire- I really don't think I ever really felt the urge to "nest" while I was preggers with Hutch. For those of you who have NO idea what I am talking about- people often refer to getting your home, life, or what have you ready for your new addition. This may involve cleaning, buying lots of things, getting rid of stuff, etc.

This weekend it hit me full force. And because I have a slight case of A.D.D., I attacked my house like a tornado on flat land. It was a bit annoying, really, and not just to Jeremy. But, I would start out with a closet, and then somehow end up scrubbing counters after walking something out to the garage. It would take me about 15 minutes to realize that I had not planned on starting the kitchen yet & that I was currently wrapped up in another task. Our house looked like a disaster area until about Sunday afternoon. Lucky we didn't have any drop-in's.

So, Hutch's room is a little less cluttered- we finally moved the changing table out into what will eventually be Hazel's room (guest room until all our family heads back after the holidays and Hazel's arrival) and moved in a regular dresser. All of the baby stuff in Hutch's closet has been moved over for Hazel. My floors are mopped. I don't know if I will get around to switching out my shelving paper in the kitchen (this weekend I almost stopped what I was doing to run to Target to pick up a new roll. I just happened to open a drawer to put something up, and thought, "Oh my gosh! This shelving paper is HORRIBLE! Why haven't we switched this out? This needs to be priority. I need to take care of this NOW." ) or convince my husband to paint the trim on our fireplace or take some of Hutch's old clothes to a 2nd hand store, BUT I feel so much better. Yesterday evening, I just couldn't help thinking, "Ahhh. I am ready now."

2 comments:

  1. Will you come nest at my house? I don't mind if it's ADD style...you get the same result just in a different order! HA! Yep, I would say you're officially nesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't think I ever really felt the urge to "nest" while I was preggers with Hutch.

    You sure about this?

    ReplyDelete