Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Just Saying Hello...

I have been busy trying to get some good pictures for Hazel's birth announcements, so I have taken quite a few pics lately. I thought I would post a few that although didn't make the cut, were pretty adorable.




Things sure are nonstop around here with 2 kids. For those of you who have more than 2- WOW, I have really gained ALOT of respect for you over the past few weeks. Hutch was diagnosed with the flu yesterday, so he is home with Hazel & me for the rest of the week. I can definitely say that our quiet and relaxing days will be in for a change this week. I hope Hazel is ready. I hope I am ready. :) I just have to accept that my house will be a wreck & that it is pointless to chase after Hutch picking up everything that he drops. I also have to accept that there is a possibility that I will have 0 naps for the next few days....ick. Hazel is sleeping pretty well at night, but she still wakes up a few times to eat (& typically goes right back to sleep), so I have been trying to take at least 1 nap/ day. It is definitely a bit stressful trying to keep Hutch away from Hazel- he has really grown to love his little sister & insists on holding her ALL the time. And smothering her with kisses. And bringing me everything he finds that belongs to her. He just doesn't understand why suddenly he can't "hep" or get near her. You can't really explain to an almost 2 year old that he is sick & extremely contagious. SO, I end up hurting his feelings, and he walks away with his bottom lip stuck out as far as it can go & his head tucked into his chin. It is absolutely heart breaking. That is what we are currently dealing with! Ready for this to be over!
Not much else going on- just trying to enjoy my maternity leave! I can't believe I have been out for almost a month- can you believe that Hazel will be 4 weeks old tomorrow? We are trying to plan a trip to MS soon- I am really looking forward to taking that little girl home to meet everyone.
I hope everyone has a great rest of the week & I also hope that your homes stay "flu-less". Luckily, this is the first time we have had to deal with this & it is NO fun!

3 comments:

  1. Ah man! I am so sorry your little man has the flu. Poor little guy. I hope he gets better soon. The pics are ADORABLE! Can't wait to meet little Hazel in person. Having a baby girl is so much fun, huh?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hutch looks so much like you in that last picture! Too cute! I would love to see y'all if you get to make it home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, Cliff and I may be planning an Austin trip soon (hopefully this spring). If we end up coming I want to see y'all!!

    ReplyDelete