Saturday, January 29, 2011

Just When Hutch Thought It Couldn't Get Any Worse

So, you all know that Hutch was home sick with the flu all last week. The only thing worse than being home with a sick little boy is being home with a sick little boy who isn't really that sick anymore but you feel the need to keep him home just in case. And the only thing worse than being home with a sick little boy who isn't really sick anymore is being home also with a baby girl who has the sniffles and a serious case of an upset tummy. Just ask Hutch.

I would normally choose not to blog about something quite so graphic, but this was just too funny & way too gross to NOT post. So, for those with a weak stomach, you may want to stop reading here. You've been warned.

Thursday morning I was changing Hazel's diaper on our bed. Jeremy was heading out for work & Hutch was standing right next to me just chatting away. He was at that time shirtless, as he had quite a time with his yogurt at breakfast & ended up with half of it on his shirt. Anyways, as I went to put a new diaper on Hazel, she projectile poo'd ALL OVER Hutch. I mean, it shot out like you turned on a water hose. And hit him right in the center of his chest. Which splattered onto his face. And on the carpet. And on me. I started screaming & Jeremy ran back to the bedroom to see the aftermath. Hazel felt much better. It only took a moment for Hutch's "deer in headlights" reaction to change to absolute horror. He started screaming crying- Jeremy rushed him into the bathtub- I could hear Hutch yelling the whole time, "NOT NICE, SISTER!!!!" It was SO GROSS, but it was hilarious at the same time. As bad as we felt for the little guy, we could not stop laughing. I guess that is what makes being a Mom so special- I mean, who else could be covered in poo & able to laugh about it????

Hutch seems to have forgotten about the little episode, but I don't think we will ever forget that moment. I have a feeling this will be a story that will be retold many times on down the road. I can see Hutch's wedding rehearsal dinner toast right now....embarrassing story #1.

Have a great weekend everyone! Jeremy & Hutch have gone fishing & Hazel and I are just kicking it at the house. After a week with everyone home, it sure is quiet & I am LOVING it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Lindsey, I have not laughed that hard in a while! Poor Hutch!!! I am so glad this made a blog post because you're right, it was too funny of a story not to share! I hope your little one's are feeling better. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awee!! They're fising! That's too sweet! I love this story!

    ReplyDelete