Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's Official!!!

We are moving to Mississippi!!!! Big news, right? We are so excited & definitely a little bit stressed. Ok, maybe alot stressed as we have a TON to do but that's ok. We are dealing with all of that. Jeremy has already gotten a great job and I am in the process for looking for something. Yes, I am leaving Enterprise- this was such a difficult decision to make as I have been with the company for almost 9 years!!! I love my job so much, but there was no way I could keep doing what I am doing by moving to MS. So, hopefully, I will find something soon! I am so excited about the opportunity to raise our kids in a smaller town and be closer to my family. I also can't wait for Hutch & Hazel to experience the things that I did growing up- MS State games, St. Paddy's Day, the fair, etc., etc. Of course, moving closer to my family means we will be moving a bit further from Jeremy's family. This is certainly the downside of this decision, however, we hope that we will see them often! Jeremy is leaving on Monday. My last day at work is 3/30 and we plan on heading to Jackson that following weekend. In the meantime, we are super busy trying to get our house rented out (which means ALOT of work, btw), find a house to rent in Jackson, find a job (me), start looking at daycare options for the kiddos, etc. Phew, the list goes on and on. We know that we are making the right decision, though, and in a few months all of this stress will have been well worth it. SO, look out, Jackson, here we come!
I have pics to post from our trip to Brownwood last weekend & Hutch's 2 year bday party is this weekend (already?), and I definitely want to write a post dedicated to all of the things I will miss about Austin. As excited as I am about moving, I have sure loved living here for the past 4 years. So, more soon, I promise!!!

7 comments:

  1. hello, how exciting! good luck with the move - seems like with big moves all you can do is one step at a time, i hope it all goes well!

    by the way, my name is elena - i'm an old friend of jeremy's. he put your blog on his facebook page a couple months back so i added you to my google reader and have been keeping up with y'all. so good to see what life has brought him, and you...and you've got some seriously adorable kids! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a feeling this was coming soon! I am going to miss the heck out of you...although we don't really see each other much now anyway. It's just the thought of you being there if we do want to venture down IH 35 to see you. Sniffle, sniffle! We will be sure to give lots of hugs and well wishes at Hutch's birthday party. This means you MUST keep me posted on trips out this way so we can get the kiddos together. I am SO very happy for you, I know moving to Jackson with your kiddos has been your dream, I am glad you all are brave enough to make those dreams reality! Love ya girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY Lindsey!! I'm so excited about y'all moving back! There are a few cute houses in my neighborhood that are for sale and I know of one that is willing to rent if y'all want to move into Jackson. I hope to get to catch up soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elena, thank so much- you are so nice to comment!

    Amy, we will miss you guys too! Thanks for your sweet words & can't wait to see you on Sat!

    Katy, we can't wait!!!! Can you email me on the house for rent? We are going to rent our house here & plan on renting for a a couple of years or so until we figure out where we want to live. My email is lindseyb5050@yahoo.com Can't wait to hang out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually meant to EDIT my comment... TYPO! Okay, I was basically saying that I can picture the stress, in fact, I feel stressed thinking of all that's involved!!!! There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and I was never more relieved to see it after our move. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. just pre-apologize to Jeremy for anything stress-related that you might say and all will be okay

    ReplyDelete