Saturday, May 21, 2011

Let it Be Known

I am a changed woman. I mean, not really. My little life has snuck so gracefully into this comfortable nook, I didn't even know it had happened. When Hutch was really little (he is quite the big boy now, in case you haven't noticed), I used to relish the thought of a weekend by myself. I think being a new Mom is such an adjustment; you just tend to still really, really need those seldom but priceless moments of just "me time." Jeremy & I would always make it a point to make sure we each had time to spend time by ourselves, whether it be as simple as 3 hours at the movies or a night out on the town or (gasp) a weekend getaway.

I dropped Jeremy, Hutch, and Hazel off at the sprawling Jackson-Evers airport this morning so they could spend the weekend in Odessa with Jeremy's fam. For the past few weeks, I have been waiting for this weekend- a weekend where I could do WHATEVER I wanted. Movie, pedicure, a few toddies (or alot if I so pleased), shopping, sleeping in, sleeping uninterrupted ALL NIGHT (what?), etc., etc. Well, when I dropped my little family off today, I just had a pit in my stomach. Because I was unable to help Jeremy through security, I just had to walk away. I couldn't stand to just sit there unable to do anything while he hassled with trying to get 2 carry-ons, a stroller, a 2 year old, and a 5 month old through security by himself. I looked back as I walked through the door & I caught a glimpse of the back of Jermey standing there holding little Hutch's hand. And, I had to bite back my tears until I got to the car. It leaves you a little empty feeling leaving your husband and kiddos at the airport. "Gosh, how long will they be gone?" is probably what you are thinking. Just until Monday. But it was still hard, ok?

That being said, I am really, really, enjoying a few days by myself. I knew there would be tears b/c sometimes I can just be an emotional wreck. Especially when it comes to my family. After leaving the airport, I headed over to my house to clean up shop & pack my bags to spend the weekend with the 'rents. We kicked the weekend off with an excellent breakfast (Bloody Mary included, which I am quite partial to), a pedicure (bliss), and some shopping (need I say more?) Now, we are just hanging out getting ready to boil some shrimp and get in some back porch time.

It's quite lovely having some "me" time and getting to spend some one-on-one time with my parents. I plan on continuing to enjoy the next couple of days. BUT, let it be known, that I will sacrifice sleep, watching what I want on tv, a clean house, a quiet house anyday just to spend time with my husband and kiddos. It's really strange how life & what's important to you changes without you even noticing it. I guess we would be in trouble if I still preferred the other, right? Haha....huge thanks to my parents for entertaining me this weekend. It's kinda like old times. EXCEPT, I get to look forward to picking up 3 special, special people on Monday night.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I cannot even imagine how you must have felt at that airport! Enjoy your "me" time while you can...and try not to cry too much! Hugs!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete