Sunday, June 19, 2011

Let's Give it Up for the Dads

I would like to dedicate this post to my wonderful husband, Dad, and Paw Paw. On this Father's Day, I have also thought of Pop, my Dad's father, and wish that he were with us today. We miss you, Pop! To Paw Paw: thank you for having the patience of a saint. Thank you for always taking the time to show me the sunsets, to drive your pickup through the cotton fields, to make me laugh, and to always know that there is a God that loves me.

To my Dad: thank you for trying to teach me things. I'm sorry the golf thing didn't work out. God bless you for your relentless efforts. Thank you for being so understanding when I told you that I would have $500 saved up for my first car but didn't tell you that I actually didn't have the money until we were on the way to actually purchase my car. Thank you for not physically harming me when I wrecked that same car as soon as I pulled out of the dealership. Thank you for encouraging me to get a job and make my own money. Thank you for being the incredibly funny person that you are: I will always laugh when you pretend to run into poles and doorframes. As far as I am concerned, that never gets old (although I am sure Mom would disagree.) Thank you for kindly asking me to remove the belly button ring that I had the bright idea to pierce myself. Thank you for being the cool, fun dad that you have always been. Thank you for asking that boy I brought home if his sister knew he had borrowed her earrings. Thank you for being you, Dad, and thank you for being such a wonderful Pop to little Hutch and Hazel.

Jeremy, thank you for being the best father I could have ever asked for to our kiddos. Whether it's taking Hutch fishing or playing in his blow up swim pool or making up silly songs- you are always so involved. As far as Hazel- she has a special light in her eyes when she looks at you. And, she's told me she can't wait for that pony. ;) Happy Father's Day! Here are some of my fave pics with my kiddos and the special Dad's in my life. Enjoy your day!






















































3 comments:

  1. This is so sweet!!! We are pretty lucky, huh!? I loooove the pictures so much! My favorite just might be the picture of Hutch and PawPaw in Utica... I have to say I'm pretty glad Hutch outgrew that phase of his hair sticking straight up. Love, love, love this!! Hope ya'll had a great day... miss you tons!!! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe!!! TEARS!!! I love this and my family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, very sweet! Happy Father's Day Jeremy (x2 this year!)

    ReplyDelete