Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ryder Turns One!!!

We had a great time in Houston this past weekend helping Ryder celebrate turning 1! It was a quick trip- we didn't get to Houston until around 3 AM Saturday morning, Yikes. BUT, it was all worth it to spend the weekend with Carly, Marc, and Ryder! Carly & Gloria decided to make the party a co-surprise party for Marc, as his birthday was Sunday. Well, everything was going according to plan until Marc called Carly when we were running errands to let her know there was a guy there to deliver a karaoke machine. We were just glad the margarita machine people hadn't showed up yet. :) They had such a great turnout & let me just tell you, next time I have a party, the first thing I am ordering is a karaoke machine. Or maybe next time we are just sitting around the house and have nothing to do. I am telling you- you think that singing karaoke in a bar is fun- well, you can just multiply that by 100 when you have a private one. F-U-N.

The theme for Ryder's party was "red wagons." And Marc's theme was "Texans." I mean, really, you couldn't plan better color coordinating. Here is Ryder's smash cake.
The sign in table
Check out the cute treat bags.
The new fireplace was perfect for hanging the Happy Birthday banner
We had quite a spread of food. And it was Mexican. This made my husband a very happy man. Isn't this a sweet kitchen?
Veronica & Hutch
Ryder & Daniella
Fisher enjoying some cool air.
Marc & AdrienThe centerpiece
Gloria had Texans jerseys made for the kiddos (Hazel kicked it with my parents in Jackson all weekend- we thought the quick trip may be a little much for her.) with the intentions of having them all wear them for a pic with Marc. While the pic of the jerseys actually on the kiddos didn't happen, I was able to get one of just the jerseys. :) I guess we will take what we can get- Gloria, you were so sweet to do this! Hutch wore his all day on Sunday!
Mamo, Ryder, and Gloria
How funny is this.
Wow. That hair is lookin' CRAZY!
Ryder didn't quite know what to think about his smash cake & everyone singing happy birthday.
He wouldn't even taste the cake. Poor little guy was a bit overwhelmed I think.

Uh-oh! Look who's got a hold of the mike! Hutch was a bit shy at first, but it didn't take long for him to start belting out his favorites, such as "Jesus Loves Me" and "Mary had a Little Lamb." We even found a few of his faves on the computer- "Barbara Ann" and "Deep in the Heart of Texas." Oh, and let me tell you, that little Jordan (or "Beyonce" as I hear she is called around her house) LOVED that microphone. She was so cute!

Makella even gave it a shot!
Alissa & Makella
Look at Hutch's expression & might I add, that foot was just a tappin' when I took this picture. I think he was excited that Ryder decided to join in on the fun.
Look at that trio!
Has anyone seen Ryder's birthday hat?
Hutch gettin' down with the pretty ladies.

Happy, happy birthday, Ryder! We are so blessed to have you in our lives & can't wait to see what this year has in store for you! We love you tons!

2 comments:

  1. Hahahah! I LOVE this post! Looks like the party was a blast... I'm glad my family now realizes the great-ness of karaoke parties. I've been trying to tell ya'll this for the past two years! Just another reason to come visit me in Asia...

    ReplyDelete