Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hazel Turns One!

Can you believe our little lady is 1? I can't. But she can & she is just so excited to finally get through her first year! We had a brunch party for her on NYE & Hutch decided his gift for her would be coming down with bronchitis, which obviously decreased the guests we expected. Poor little guy! I felt so bad for him, but in true Hutch spirit, you would have never even guessed that he was sick! He was just his normal self the whole time & had a blast- I think he was especially fond of the guests who brought presents for him, too. Although, we are still trying to convince him that all of Hazel's gifts are not his. Right now he is settling for "they are hers and mines." :) Regardless, we were so thankful for the people who braved the germs & came to help us celebrate. For those of you who were not able to make it, we certainly understand, but you were missed! Here are a few pics from the big event:


Hazel is all smiles when her Grandpappy is holding her. And, I think she caught a glimpse of the cake.

Renee & Laura enjoying a mimosa. We had plenty since most people canceled. I may have been just a teensy bit pushy with the drinks. Maybe. I couldn't find a banner I liked at Hobby Lobby, so I just made one.
My friend & coworker Royce's daughter made this. Isn't it so cute? Thanks, Tanner! I know you don't read my blog, but I am thankful you made this & I think you deserve a shout out!

Is it time for cake yet?????

OH, YEAH....NOW it's time for cake! Bring it!

Trying to determine her best tactic.

LOVED the cakes- made by The Fat Cake Guy, in case anyone is interested!

The other cake- it was quite tasty, too!

Do you think she liked it? This girl DEVOURED this cake. I mean, it was like there was no one else in the room. She went to town & shoved as much in her mouth at one time as she could. It was funny b/c she would fit whatever she could in her mouth, then fling the rest on the floor. Then, just dive back in. Repeat. Until it was all gone.

Hutch really wanted his own cake, too, but he settled for a "big piece."
Pop just a smilin'!
And....Grandpappy just a smilin' too!
And, meanwhile, Hazel is still eating!
There was no way she was taking a break to pose for a pic.
And, it's gone.
Everyone just hanging out
Rivers really did have fun there. Really. :)

Hazel Claire, we love you SO much and thank God for you each and every day! You have brought us so much laughter & we can't wait to continue to watch you grow! Love you, Squeaks!

2 comments:

  1. Hazel is such a beautiful young lady. It is so exciting for me to get to watch the next generation of Boone/Hoskinson children grow up. It's going to be fun! I think there will be many great adventures with Hutch and Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura!!!!! Thank you so much for coming....love you tons!

    ReplyDelete