Friday, January 13, 2012

I Beg Your Pardon?


Haley, Haley, Haley. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING???? I am sure most of you non-Mississippians have already heard the news of what our former Governor decided to do before peace-ing out of office. Of course, it sounds a bit ironic associating the word "peace" with the most recent events that have unfolded in our dear state. I have always had alot of respect for Haley Barbour. I thought the way he handled the aftermath of Katrina was incredible & even though I have always been proud to call myself a Mississippian, I held my head a little higher during that time.

But, really? Pardoning 4 convicted murderers? Not to mention the other 200+ pardons? Are you kidding me? First of all, those poor people that are really the victims of this situation, as in the individuals who are now fearing for their lives and the families of the victims. I am just really disappointed. And, secondly, as if Mississippi really needs some more negative publicity. Geez. I drove around the capitol yesterday in hopes of locating Anderson Cooper in the middle of taping a segment or in the process of looking for some bystander to chat with (in that case, I was going to illegally park my car and then just stroll by. As we would pass, I was going to look up and say, "Oh! Hi, Anderson Cooper! Sure, let's chat! I think you are awesome, by the way, and my bestie Alissa has had a crush on you FOREVER. She was devastated when she found out you were gay.") Ok, maybe I would have left out that last part. Maybe not.

Anyhow, I am sure that you have seen all of this pardoning nonsense all over Fox, CNN, or whatever your trusted news source may be, so I won't go into more detail. But, I will tell all of you non-Mississippi blog readers this one thing: We are with ya. This decision was just plain stupid.
That being said, if you haven't noticed, I think this is my 3rd blog this week. Wowsers. I am on a roll! So, that means if I skip a week or two, it's cool. Getting ready for a long weekend- off work for MLK Day! Have a great weekend, friends!

3 comments:

  1. You are too funny! Yes...gay or not gay I LOVE me some Anderson Cooper. Well, now I have a dog named Cooper just in honor of him! :) I had no idea about Haley Barbour pardoning the convicted murderers....I just googled all the information! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The decision is insane. Who knew someone could commit the most heinous crimes and all they'd need to do was mow the governor's lawn to get a pardon!! So sad for the families of the dead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel too bad to be a Mississippian...it's not just Mississippi that's messed up, I mean look at Casey Anthony...just sayin'! It's the whole USA that's screwed up in the head! Oh, btw-I can post comments on blogger now, don't know what happened over the last few months but it's back and running for me! I have been following your blog but couldn't post comments, expect to see more from me! :) Miss ya'll bunches! xoxo

    ReplyDelete