Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What, a Book Review???


Yes, indeed, my friends, I thought I was well over-due on a book review. And I am fully aware that I am probably the last blogger on the planet to actually read this series, much less review it, HOWEVER, that's ok. This was the first book(s) that I purchased on my new Kindle (which, I LOVE, btw, thank you, Jeremy!) So, hmmm. About this book. Honestly, I am just plain worn out after reading this series. Don't get me wrong- it was good. And I can't wait for the movie. But, GEEZ, could these books have been more depressing? The only thing that I found really humorous didn't really have to do with the books at all- Jeremy kept referring to the triology as "The Hungry Sisters" and he would ask me daily "if those girls have found anything to eat yet." I always got a good laugh out of that. I am sounding really negative about this book, but did anyone else just feel like it was repeating itself? I don't want to give too many details in case any of my 3 blog readers have not read it yet, but, many times, I would just think, "WHAT? Here we go again, I guess." AND, it reminded me of The Uglies, The Pretties, and The Specials. Wow, I just realized that here I am, 31 years old, and I am seriously blogging about the Young Adult books I have read. Next thing you know I will be blogging about the comparison of The Babysitters Club books to Sweet Valley Twins. Which, might I add, were actually my fave books when I was in grade school. Definitely lighter material than the HG books. I digress.

Besides all of that, I really did enjoy the series. It was a quick read & despite all of the negatives, there were moments I found it hard to put down.

What am I reading now, you may be dying to know? Well, I just started Maeve Binchy's Minding Frankie. She is one of my fave authors, btw. It's a bit hard to get into, as all of her books usually are, but I know after a few more chapters, I will be hooked!

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. I will email you back about this, but I have to say... I disagree with all this! I loved all 3 books and was so sad when they were over! It did remind me of The Uglies, too. But that's a good thing. I've been searching for the next big YA series, but I'm not finding anything. Darn.

    Minding Frankie does, as always with her books, get really really good! I still think about writing Maeve Binchy a letter at times- she says she always writes back. Let's come up with something and send it next time I'm home. Maybe she'll write a book about us! Ha! Love you sister!

    ReplyDelete