Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pure Joy

Hi, friends, how are y'all?? We are doing great!!! Is it hot enough for everyone? I will spare the photos of my car thermostat....we all know it's hot as blazes outside. How are y'all keepin' it cool? Here are a few pics of what we've been doing to beat the heat. It helps that we have a super shady yard & a screened in porch. And popsicles. 



And a Slip 'n slide! Hutch hasn't quite mastered the art of slipin' and slidin', but my gosh, he is trying. It was so hot that Jeremy & I may have taken a few turns on it. Fully clothed. Maybe. I would post pictures, however, the last thing out of Jeremy's mouth before he had his first go was, "This better not end up on FB or the blog!!" So, being a woman who keeps her word, you will just have to use your imagination. I am pretty sure the H's think we are the coolest parents ever.

Hazel just prefers to put things in the pool. Then pull them out. Then put them back in. You get the idea. 

And, she likes to walk around in the sprinklers. 

I have taken a few pics over the past few days which just remind me of pure joy. That is where my heading came from. And, this is one of the pics that inspired it. Life doesn't get much better than this!

Check out those pigtails!!!

Pure joy....again!


We headed over to Cici's Monday night for Hutch's end of the season Tball party. Hazel kept herself entertained by trying to figure out how to get that candy out of the machine. 

Waiting for the trophies!

Check this out!

Pure Joy #3

Can you tell that this picture came to be by me saying, "Hutch, get by Whit, and hold up your trophy! That's right, now put your arm around him! Ok, smile! Well, whatever, that will work."

And, Pure Joy #4. Bubble baths. What a nice end to any day! 

6 comments:

  1. omg! that simile with the trophy is so cute!!! I love reading your blog Lindsey it makes me smile every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay... the last picture of Hutch in the bubble bath is probably the cutest thing ever!! And I agree, Hutch... it doesn't get any better than a bubble bath at the end of a day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, Sarah, thank you! I am so glad you enjoy reading it! And, Haley, I agree with you, too! Bubble baths are a great way to cap off any & every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute!!! I love that you keep up with your blog...especially being that we live so far away from you! Looks like ya'll have been having tons of fun this summer! We have hit the pool a few times ourselves and had many sprinkler days! It was 109 degrees one day last week...raw temp, not even heat index. Craziness!!! H&H are getting so big and cuter by the minute. Miss you bunches! Give the kiddos hugs and kisses from M&Em (and a couple from me too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Hutch's thought in the pic with Whit is: "You mean EVERYONE gets a trophy? I'm outta here!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, we miss you guys tons! I hope everything is going well in SA for you- at least you are still close to your fam! I need to see pics of your little M & Ems! I am sure they have grown a ton since I last saw a photo of them! Send them hugs & kisses from the Hoskinsons! Kim- that is hilarious! That probably is what is going through his head!

    ReplyDelete