Tuesday, September 18, 2012

And So Said Hutch


Hutch took some precious time out of his busy evening yesterday to answer a few questions for me. I had this idea to 'interview" my eldest child a while back but finally sat down to do it last night. I had planned on being prepared with a set of questions, however, there was no time for that- we just went with it. Luckily Jeremy came in mid-chat to help contribute. Hutch didn't know what was going on- he simply knew my request was standing between him & his evening cartoon, so he felt he should oblige. We learned quite a bit about our little guys during this short span of questioning.

What's your favorite cartoon?
     How 'bout Diego? (love how he answered this first question with a question- and, by the way, he rarely watches Diego, so I thought this was rather interesting. Goes to show how legit these answers may be)

What is your favorite food?
     Ummmm, popcorn, mac 'n cheese, and hotdogs!

Favorite thing to do when you are not in school?
     Stay at home and color my sheeps! (I asked several times, "sheeps??" in which he replied, "YES!" although, he is on a big shape kick right now, so I am thinking he was just being silly)

Where would you go if you could go ANYWHERE in the world?
     Fishing!

What do you dream about when you sleep?
     Texas

What do you like to do for fun?
     play in the park

Whose your best friend?
     Caleb Bar (Sidenote: Never heard of this person)

What's your girlfriend's name?
     Emily (Sidenote: Never heard of this person either. Sorry, Ollie Cook, I guess it's been too long since we saw you!)

Who is Emily?
     the little girl who has the pink shirt on (Nice job, Emily, your outfit was noticed! :)

What's your favorite thing to do at shool?
     Trace and color

(ENTER JEREMY)

Who is your favorite super hero?
     Super Grover!!! 

What is your favorite animal?
     a cow-sheep (what? you've never heard of this??)

Do you know anyone who has duck-feet?
     Uncle Jarrod!!!!

What are you going to ask Santa Clause for this year?
     Ummmm, I don't have nothing for my screw driver to drive it in. (Editors Note: this would be a screw/ nail. Christmas shopping should be really easy & cheap this year!)

What do you want to be when you grow up?
     An astronaut! 

What does an astronaut do?
     Climb in their rocket & go to outer space!

What is your favorite song?
     Jingle Bells

Who is your best buddy in the whole wide world?
     Caleb!

(Much to Jeremy's disappointment, this is not what he predicted the answer to be. So, the following question was prompted...) Who is Caleb???
     a little man at school

Is Daddy not your best buddy anymore?!
     Yes, you are!!! Daddy, you're my buddy! I love you!!! 

AND, that concludes our interview!


4 comments:

  1. I read this out loud to Jason and we both were laughing hysterically! What an awesome little dude! And Mommas commentary...so funny! I love it! Have ya'll figured out who Caleb is yet? So cute, give that little fella a huge hug from we girls in his dreamland, Texas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, you are too sweet! He & his little sister definitely keep us entertained (I am sure y'all can relate?) Hope you are doing well & will certainly pass on the hug- you do the same for your girls! Miss you guys!

      Delete
  2. I think I'll copy this idea for my own....what a good idea! And, I love your reaction to the names you've never heard of. Isn't that cute when they do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, please do!!! I would love to see what your kiddos have to say. It was funny b/c he didn't answer hardly any of the questions the way I thought he would. For example, the astronaut thing- I didn't even know he knew what that was. First time I have ever even heard that word come out of his mouth- funny little creatures! :)

    ReplyDelete