Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Fun in Htown

We loaded up the troops and headed to Houston this past weekend to spend Labor Day with Carly, Marc, Ryder, Vivian, Haley, my Mom, and Dad. My parents were so sweet to actually drive the kiddos out there while we took the 5:00 flight from Jackson. We were, oh, so grateful! We felt a bit guilty when we beat them there (they hit the road about noon on Friday). Despite the fights, and throwing things, and tantrums, and tears, we had an absolute ball. Hutch and Hazel absolutely ADORE their cousins and love making the trek to visit them. And, I must say, it felt pretty good having Haley back in on the family gatherings. :) As to be expected, these pictures are TOTALLY out of order. What is it with my uploader?? 

Saturday we met Alissa, Penny, Mike, and Riley at our usual romp, The Ragin Cajun. The kiddos loved the ducks. 

 Hazel just chillin' outside in her Thailand elephant dress

Despite the heat (which was much more tolerant due to the newly installed ceiling fans out on the back patio), we spent most of our time outdoors. Ryder has lots of fun toys. In fact, I think I heard Hutch say at one point, "I don't have any of these things!" Which is true. Which also makes our trips to Houston that much more special. 

 Can you believe I actually spent some time editing these pics? I heart Picasa. But Hazel didn't heart that Jeep, let me tell you. We attempted to get her in that passenger seat many times, but it just wasn't flyin' in her book. Personally, I think she's holding out for her pink pony (ahem, Jeremy)

What do you do when you need to entertain 3 toddlers? Well, you "accidentally" throw a bag of M & M's on the floor. Let me tell you, it worked like a charm. 

Check out this little stud.

And this one, too!

Just hanging out eating bananas!

Trampoline time!

 Oh. My. Gosh. Did your heart just melt? Look at that sweet Vivi. This is the best baby I have ever met. Seriously. She rarely cries. She just smiles & takes it all in. Love. Her. 



Someone is super happy her Aunt Haley is back from Thailand.

Not really sure what is going on with my weird head tilt. That being said, I had to post a pic of me & my bestie! Penny, not sure if you are a blog reader, BUT the one of us 3 was not that great- the lighting was horrible. SO, that one didn't make the blog! I don't think you read my blog anyways, so you will probably never know. But if you do, thanks for coming to meet us!
 
  Suckers!! As in that's what they are eating. There was LOTS of sugar consumed this weekend. 


Lolli & the girls

Big Eyes!

 This is what went on most of the weekend. Just cruising around the yard. I even saw Carly taking a spin at one point. Not sure why I didn't get a picture of it. I am really regretting that now. 






 Oh yay-uh....check out this fella!

I would type something here but I literally can't stop laughing every time I look at this pic. Perfect!!!

Patio Fun!

We love hats!

So, that wraps up our trip to Houston. Thanks again to Carly & Marc for being the hostesses with the mostesses. And thanks again to my parents for ALL their help! Can't wait to rock it in 2013!

I neglected to up load pics from Hutch's last swim lesson at Maley's this session....we are SO proud of him! He is doing so well & had so much fun going each week. We made some great new friends & can't wait to sign him up again this winter. 

 Hazel is not impressed. If we are going to be honest. And, I do try to be honest with you always, I will just throw this out there. Hazel hates Hutch's swim lessons. And that's just all there is to it. It doesn't matter how many goldfish, suckers, sippees, whatever you bring...she will not have fun. Ever. I am convinced we could pay a circus troop to entertain her during this 30 minute lesson & she would still throw a fit. We stopped bringing her early on, BUT since it was Hutch's last one, we decided to brave the outing as a family. It wasn't easy. But we did it. :) 



I hope that you all had a fabulous Labor Day weekend...oh, and who is glad college football season is here? I am!! I love the fall & don't be surprised if you see me sporting some tall boots as soon as the temps flirt with the 80 degree mark. I just got some new ones in the mail today & I am itching to wear them everywhere. 

Have a great week, everyone! Come on, fall!!

2 comments:

  1. Hazel's hair looks like it has a red tint in the pics. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the pics! You need to put bricks on their heads to keep them from growing up!...It's going way to fast! So glad Haley made it back safely and ya'll were able to get some awesome family time in! Miss you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete