Thursday, October 4, 2012

Last Days of Summer

Can you believe it's October? The Fair is here, there are pumpkins and Halloween decor sneaking out into neighbor's yards, cooler nights and shorter days, football....oh, yes, my friends. I think that the summer is quickly winding down. What have y'all been up to? How did you spend your last days of summer? Don't know about you, but I am a fall person through and through. Jeremy is much more of a summer fan, however, as we approach this time of the year, he has been known to say that he can't help but love this weather. This time of year just makes me giddy. I am probably that girl you see and think, "I knew there would be someone that bust out the tall boots as soon as the temps hit 70." I love lighting my pumpkin candles (Jeremy hates any candle that smells like food, so I have to be careful to not overdo it :), contemplating Halloween costumes, and thinking about the holidays just around the corner. Just melts my heart. 

Hutch just started his first soccer season, and let me tell you- it is just as entertaining as we thought it would be. We may be banking on Hazel to be our athlete in the family. I wouldn't say he isn't completely uninterested. He just gets easily distracted. My parents came to his game last Saturday & they brought ChikFilA. We had to keep pushing Hutch to get back in the game b/c he kept sneaking over to the sidelines to eat chicken minis. While his team was playing. Geez. The game before that, he apparently had something stuck in one of his teeth. He kept picking at his tooth in the middle of the soccer field while the rest of the team was eagerly trying to kick the ball into the goal. What's really funny, though, is that every time someone scores or starts clapping, he starts fist pumping the air and waving to everyone. And comes over to give out hugs. That's my boy. 







I think the words, "Ok, kiddos! This is the last time we are going to pull the pool out for the year!" have been uttered on several occasions. The pool has been up for good, now. As in deflated. :) Hutch and Hazel were thrilled a couple of weeks ago when the sprinklers just happened to come on while they were playing out in my parent's backyard. I don't think I have ever put on swimsuits so fast. 






In other news, Jeremy & I celebrated our 5 year anniversary on the 22nd- 5 years!!! Wowsers! My, how time certainly flies. I continue to thank God everyday for sending such a wonderful man my way. I can honestly say that I married my best friend & have the best husband I could have ever wished for. And, those that know him well, know that he is just the coolest Dad on the planet. Here's to many more with my hubby!!!

Hopefully, I will have some fun fall pics to post soon! We plan on busting out our scarecrows and hay-bales soon...yay!

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you have some of the funniest Hutch stories I have ever heard! I sit and crack up every time I get on your blog...but the two sports entries are priceless (remember the T-Ball blog post, hysterical!). Do your cheeks hurt by the end of the day from laughing with/at your little dude all day? Cute, cute, cute! Thanks for always making me smile Hutch! Sounds like ya'll are doing well! Here's to a beautiful fall season...it's my fave too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, you are too sweet. Yes, he keeps us rolling all the time!!! Here's to hoping Hazel is blessed with atheltic abilities! Haha!

      Delete