Sunday, February 3, 2013

64 and Sunny


That's what the temps were here yesterday. And it was AWESOME!!! This has been our first weekend in quite a while where we literally had zero plans. Well, except for a couple of bday parties around town, but other than that- nada. Jeremy is back at the books studying for his CPA so the kiddos and I just spent some time in our backyard yesterday. We even had a picnic on our back porch. I love taking pics of them outside- just the candid-ness of it makes me happy. And I love to play with the editing features on picasa. If you are on the FB, you have probably already seen these. And I usually don't post the same things on my page & blog. But I just had to dedicate a post to these little snapshots. Because I think my heart literally melted when looking through them. 
 
I have been trying to get a new pic to update my blog heading for the past few weeks. I have been torn, though, because I think my most recent one has been my favorite of all time. But, the little H's are just a-growin' constantly. And I have to make sure y'all are up to speed. :) 

 Hutch wears his cowboy hat at all times. I am so excited b/c my Mom & I are taking him to see Kip Moore at the rodeo in a couple of weeks. Who's that, you say? He sings that "Somethin' about a truck" song & it's one of Hutch's favorites. He knows every word. Jeremy asked if I really wanted that to be his first concert. My response was obviously, "No way!!!" however, we decided that it was unlikely Hutch would be attending any Black Crows, Ryan Adams, Drive by Truckers, etc., concert anytime soon. AND the fact that when I told Hutch about our plans, he said, "WHAT??? THAT'S MY FAVORITE SONG!!!!" confirmed that we had made the right decision. Seriously? Bulls, cowboys, and some "country" music? He will be in little Hutch-heaven.

Wow, not sure how this ended up here, as it was taken last weekend in Utica, but it's a cute one of the kiddos. 

 Hazel brought her colors out to just relax while Hutch & I kicked the soccer ball around. Not sure where this sudden interest in soccer has come from. Sure wish he would have developed this desire a few months ago. It's funny b/c wherever Hazel goes, she brings things. Lots of them. For example, yesterday, she was toting around colors, paper, Dora, Boots, kitty-cat, and Barbie. SO, you can't just run outside and then back in. Everything must go. 

 It's no secret that I love anything in sepia.


 This was runner up for the blog heading. These 2 love each other tons- despite all the fighting and crying, etc. I took several of these yesterday and it just makes me all warm and fuzzy seeing how, in just about all of them, Hazel is just staring at Hutch with the biggest grin on her face. Nothing but love.








 



The only other super exciting we had happen yesterday was Hazel came into the kitchen with what looked like a vitamin in her hand. She held it out, before placing in her mouth, and said "Vitamin!!" Well, it looked like a vitamin, so I didn't think anything of it- just thought Jeremy had given it to her. Last night, she came back into the kitchen when Jeremy & I both were there, and said the same thing. Come to find out, she had discovered Jeremy's stash of Halls cough drops & apparently, she loves them, as she was on (at least) her 2nd one of the day. Parents of the Year. :) 

Superbowl plans anyone? We're just heading over to watch it with my Dad. As usual, I'm just in it for the food & commercials. Here's to hoping your favorite team wins. Have a wonderful week, friends, and thanks a ton for reading. Love!

3 comments:

  1. I really love your babies... Miss you guys! Jen J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your little one too....miss you guys TONS!!! XOXO

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness...they are growing up TOO FAST!!! Hutch is such a handsome little fella and that Hazel of yours is just beautiful. She looks so much like her Momma and her aunts! Looks like you all had a fabulous weekend! It's been in the 80's here. M&Em even slipped into their swimsuits this weekend and played outside at their water table...NUTS! Gotta love winter in Texas! We miss y'all. *LOVES*

    ReplyDelete