Thursday, April 25, 2013

60 Years!

We all gathered together this past Saturday night to celebrate Mee Maw & Paw Paw's 60th wedding anniversary. 60 YEARS! Is that not so exciting? My grandparents hold a very special place in my heart & what a blessing it was to help them celebrate 60 years of marriage. 

We started off at dinner at Ely's. Hazel was super excited she was able to sit next to Vivi. 

Vivi was pretty happy, too. 

Hutch entertained himself by playing with the place settings. 

Cheers!

Marc, Ryder, and Carly

Haley & Marc

60 years ago...what a lovely couple! It was so great listening to Mee Maw talk about their wedding, reception, where they went on their honeymoon, etc. 

Mary Straton had the brilliant idea to have their wedding cake re-created. It was identical to the one they shared 60 years ago- even held their original cake topper! They are still quite the lovely couple, wouldn't you agree?

To Mee Maw & Paw Paw!!! **I am sure Mee Maw would like for me to note that this is only sparkling cider in their glasses. :)

3 comments:

  1. Every time I see a picture of your grandparents on the blog, they always look classy and refined. I love the old wedding picture - absolutely a beautiful stock of people! Congratulations to them and what an example for the rest of the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! Classy & refined, what a compliment & although I am certainly partial, I have to agree with you, here! They are wonderful people, that is for sure and I am so blessed to call them my grandparents. Aren't we so fortunate to have the "grands" we do in our life? XOXO

      Delete