Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Mom's in My Life


 Happy Mother's Day not only to my Mom but to all the Mom's out there! What a blessing and a labor of love motherhood is- hope you enjoy your day & here's a peek at all the mom's who mean so much to me...

My Mama. I love her dearly & thank God daily for providing me with such a big-hearted, sweet as sugar, funny, down-to-earth, full-of-understanding, loves-to-have-fun, big-helper, completely-selfless Mama. And because she is my Mom, she gets 2 pictures. :) As I have grown older, I have realized that the kind of relationship I have with my Mom is not necessarily the norm. God bless her for all she put up with when I went thru some of the phases I did in my teenage years. If I can be half as a good of Mom as my Mom has been for me, I will consider my job well done.






When I think of spending the weekend over at Gran & Pop's, I think of TGIF, hot dogs and burgers, and coffee sweetened by sugar and lots of milk. I think of endless games of  "I Spy" and rolling the tire. And 8 tracks. Gran had some sweet 8 tracks. So glad my kiddos are able to spend time with her now. She and Hazel even share the same birthday. 






Mee Maw, my Mama's Mama. I can't tell you how much of my childhood was spent in Utica with my grandparents. ALOT. I think of sunsets, cotton farms, waffles, Bingo, slide shows of old pictures, vintage Barbies, high heels and fancy jewelry, pigs in the blanket, homemade cheese biscuits, frozen cokes, hamburgers, slides covered in baby powder, honeysuckle, zooming down the hill on the scooter, $5.00 to spend at the dollar store, sweet songs to rock me to sleep, tire swings, Cheetos by the community pool, peeled apples, endless patience...The H's find Utica just as special as I do and it makes my heart happy seeing them spend time with their Mee Maw (and Paw Paw)!!

 Lynn, my M-I-L...I am sure I have documented before how much I lucked out with my in laws. When I think of Lynn, aka "Monie", I think of bobby pins, kleenex, hand sanitizer, little snacks, movies, complete selflessness, and one of the biggest hearts I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Lynn would give away her last penny to help a stranger in need.


Nanny Alma...this is Lynn's Mama. And, when I think of Nanny Alma, I think of a little lady with alot of spunk. She is smart, witty, fashionable and adores her family. 





Nanny Pat...this is Jeremy's Dad's Mom. Nanny Pat makes me think of fishing poles, homemade cobbler, music, quirky-ness, country-strong, feeding the masses while never breaking a sweat, Fox News, resourcefulness. Time at Nanny Pat's is always guaranteed to be full of good food, relaxation, and fun conversation.






Last, and certainly not least, I have to thank my 2 little ones for giving me the privledge of being a Mom myself. They make me laugh so hard I cry and my heart melt more than I ever thought possible. You are my heart, Hutch and Hazel.








 Hope all of you have the Mother's Day you deserve- I am celebrating mine with a pedicure and about 2 hours of me-time. Then, capping it off with some time with my own Mama. 

Happy Mother's Day!!!

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post and the description!

    Happy Mom's Day!

    Going to Texas in June. Just checkin' to see if y'all would be there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! It's been awhile since I had a chance to check out your blog! I love this post! Your little H's are simply adorable AND growing up way too fast! Give the H's hugs and kisses from the Texas Twins (and their Mommy). Miss you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete