Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Oyster Open....and a few other things

The Oyster Open is an annual golf tournament that Hal White created many years ago. This tournament was established to create a scholarship fund to award a deserving individual to pursue a culinary degree while working up at the restaurant.  This tournament and it's purpose was very near & dear to Hal White's heart. While my Dad has played every year but one, I had never been a part of it. This year, I was so excited to be able to help in any way that I could. I know that Hal's absence was sincerely felt by everyone there, but his spirit certainly lives on through the stories, laughter and memories.

Brandi, Malcolm and my Mom at the sign in table

 Bernard and Tom taking a break and cooling off

We love us some Anne Friday!

Relaxing before the game begins!
This year's hat
Bernard hard at work shucking oysters
Theresa & Rivers coloring some fairies
Brad & my Dad- Brad and Teresa (AKA Team Madras)  actually won 3rd place! 
Always handy to have bartenders around...
Cheers!!!

The rules are- there are no rules!

On another note, Hutch is now in a booster seat! He LOVES it- I would assume he would as it looks much more comfortable than the car seat he was in previously. He was so excited for this change, and it was certainly  bittersweet as it was just another reminder of how quickly he is growing. Also, did you notice my new ride? The 'ole Saturn was having some probs, so we got them fixed, and sold her the  next weekend. We got a "new to me" Tahoe & I kinda love it. As in, I had no idea how comfortable an SUV could be. Can't wait to take her on a roadtrip!

I can't close this post without saying our hearts are broken over the damage and aftermath of the tornado that struck Moore, OK. Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected. God bless teachers, first responders, volunteers, and the kindness of all those who left their remaining shambles of a home to help search for people in need of help. I am always amazed at the outpouring of love during the toughest of times.

Happy Friday Eve, people!!!

3 comments:

  1. Lindsey, these are fantastic! I'm so glad you thought to get these pictures, and thank you for sharing them. What a wonderful day it was, I know Hal was there with us in spirit! Love to all of you. -Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Teresa! And I am so sorry I misspelled your name! :) It was certainly a special day- hope to see you soon!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, what fun! I miss you girlie! Congrats to big boy Hutch and his big boy seat! My little twinsies probably won't be big enough for a booster until they are 8! They weighed only 31 lbs (fully dressed with shoes on) at their 4 year well check and are barely 39 inches tall! However that is tall enough, we discovered this weekend to ride Journey to Atlantis at Seaworld and they loved it! Congrats to you on your new ride too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete