Sunday, June 16, 2013

In Honor of Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all of the Dad's out there!!! What a blessing you are.
 
To my Dad:
 
Thank you for making me laugh. All. The. Time. Your jokes never get old to me- even when others don't think they are funny. The "complimentary nuts" joke will always make me laugh until I cry. Thank you for continuing to jokingly run in to walls just to amuse me. I know that Mom does not think it's funny at all. Thank you for believing in me always, even when I made decisions that caused extreme need for concern. I know that time I said I would jump off the roof if all my friends did it too probably frustrated you beyond belief. I am past that now. I can assure you if all my buddies jumped off the roof, my feet would remain firmly planted. Thank you for trying to teach me to play golf. I am sorry that didn't quite work out the way you envisioned but bless your heart for trying. Those poprocks that melted all over your belongings in the golf cart that time were certainly worth the memories and pictures. I love you & look up to you more than you will ever know.
 
To my Husband:
 
Wow, we've come a long, long way since that night we happened to meet at Little Woodrow's. We have grown up (a little bit) and I thank God every single day for bringing you into my life. I couldn't do this without you. Thank you for taking Hutch fishing. Thank you for buying & setting up his worm farm. Thank you for falling asleep with your baby girl on your chest and taking the time to play with her. Thank you for being the apple of their eyes. They look up to you & admire you SO much. Hutch thinks you can kick a ball higher than ANYONE and that you can most certainly do ANYTHING.
 
I asked Hutch & Hazel what they loved about you & this is what they said:
He is my Best-Texas-Buddy (Hutch)
He is my Best-Texas-Buddy (Hazel)
We go fishing & we play games sometimes (Hutch)
He says I'm his girl (Hazel)
We say funny jokes all the time (Hutch)
He's my favorite (Hazel- I knew it.:))
 
That's about all I can get out of them while cartoons are going.
 
Happy Father's Day also my Paw Paw- you will always hold a very special place in my heart.
 
Happy Father's Day to my Father-in-Law...can't wait for y'all to build your house & btw, Hutch mentioned that when we go to outerspace on his rocket ship, he wants you to take care of his worm farm. Hopefully, we won't be gone long, but in the event that we are- I hear they are pretty low maintenance. Those worms are pretty close to his heart so the fact that he entrusts them to you speaks volumes.:)
 
I hope all of you have a wonderful day today celebrating the Dads in your life. I also just want to state that I am certainly thinking of those who have lost their Dads this year. My heart hurts for you & you are in my prayers. May you be surrounded by those who love you today & always.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment