Wednesday, June 5, 2013

They Think We're Just Fishin'



We spent some time out at The Point on Sunday, and as the H's were running around, eating snacks, kissing "minners" before setting them free (or to their sudden death if they happened to find their destiny in Hazel's hands), getting tied up in fishing wire, laughing, playing, picking up sticks, I started thinking about all of the good times we have had at this very spot. This was one of the gems Jeremy discovered when he picked out our rental house & we have been so fortunate to create so many memories here. We can walk there, take a wagon ride, or just drive if we are feeling lazy. I could have spent all day there on Sunday. I decided to dig up some old pictures from the past 2 years at The Point. I am continuously reminded of how quickly Hutch & Hazel are growing up and it is certainly bittersweet. 

2011
This was right after we moved back to MS- Hazel was only about 4 months old & was red headed and blue-eyed at the time.


 Hutch was a brand new 2 year old & had just been introduced to fishing with his Daddy.





2012
 One year later, Hazel was blonde and could do more than just roll around on a blanket and watch her brother eat cookies!




 I think this was the year that the fascination with the "minners" began. At the time, Hazel just liked to watch what her older brother was doing.
 I think he was quite proud of himself.

 

2013:
Hutch is starting to get the hang of it. He loves to reel the line in, but I think his favorite part is still playing with the bait.

 Hazel held onto this little fishy a little bit too long, so he is no longer with us. She usually carries them around for a while, then if they are lucky enough to have a quick trip in the palm of her hand, they better hope her toss is on mark because there is a good chance they will not make it in the water. I am usually scurrying around trying to save the little guys after they "throw them in". I chase after both of the H's, scooping up little minnows off the rocks and throwing them into the water. It's a race against time, I tell you.

 Sweetness.
 Hutch had just thrown the biggest-stick-evah into the rez.
 Back in the bucket.


I love the reservoir. I mean, love it. I told my Mom the other day when discussing where we will end up buying a house, "I just don't think I will ever get Jeremy out of Rankin County." Those are 13 words I never thought would come out of my mouth. But, I just can't help it- being so close to the water. Watching the boaters, kayakers, scuba-divers (yes, we saw one this weekend). It's so much fun. I can't wait to make more memories at The Point!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I love this post! Thanks for sharing some of your awesome memories from the last two years. I cannot believe how fast these kids are growing! I love seeing the dynamic between the H's in these photos! Pure Love! I miss you guys! Give those sweet H's big hugs from Texas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, thanks so much for your comment, Amy! You are so sweet to always read my posts- can't believe how big our little ones are getting. You are right- witnessing the love between siblings is such a blessing! Love & miss y'all tons- hugs right back to all of you!!!

      Delete