Friday, November 1, 2013

Hutch and The Great Pumpkin

So, there was no great pumpkin. But there was a Hutch and a PUMPKIN patch, so there-ya-go. I was super pumped about helping chaperone Hutch's field trip to the Pumpkin Patch last Friday. He didn't seem nearly as excited about me tagging along as I was throughout the week, but it was totally worth it when we arrived at his school that morning. He kept telling all of his friends, "MY MAMA IS COMING WITH US TODAY!!!!!" It was too cute! And, this definitely made "chaperoning field trips" move its way up on my priority list.
 
Can you sense the excitement?

 
Oh, I adore this picture.
 
It was really interesting to watch Hutch interact with his friends & get a feel for who he spends most of his time with and what he does, etc. We love his school & of course, get feedback all the time from his teacher. BUT, watching it first-hand and seeing how he really acts was so much fun. He wanted to ride on the bus with his classmates (vs. riding with me), which really made me happy. I am so glad he loves his friends. He didn't sit next to me on the hayride- in fact, every now and then, I would yell, "Hutch! Hey!! I am over here in case you need me! Whatcha doin'? You having fun???" And he would smile, wave back, and continue watching the animals and pointing things out to his friends.
 
At home, there is a constant stream of, "MAMA! MAMA! MAMA!..." You know, like, if I don't answer the first time, persistence will CERTAINLY pay off. You can't yell it enough. And, there always the possibility that I did not hear my name, so as you continue to yell it, you must yell it louder. Every Time. Louder. So, I discovered that I am not the only one (and Daddy, too, of course) that falls victim to this "effective" form of communication. If I had a dollar for everytime I heard Hutch say, "MS. LANNIE! MS. LANNIE!!!" I would have left that patch a wealthy woman.
 
Look at this batch of cuteness.
 
Never seen a sweeter sunflower, I must say.
 
Animals, yay!
 
This rabbit kept following Hutch around & it made him so happy. We decided that this rabbit just loved Hutch. It also warranted a coversation about how we could not ask to take this rabbit home and how he needed to stay put.
 
From what I hear, this little lady informed her Mama that Hutch was going to be her husband. She's a cutie, that's for sure!
 
This pic makes me smile- Hutch's little arm swung over his buddy's shoulder as they discuss the cows, and donkeys, and goats.
 
Group pic in the corn pit!
 
And, nothing can wrap up a trip to the pumpkin patch like a sack lunch!
  
After the pumpkin patch, we scooped up Jeremy for lunch (for the grown ups) and then Hutch & I went to see Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs II (hilarious- highly recommend!). Afterwards, I had to run by DSW. We ended up not staying long due to Hutch doing whatever was possible to bring the most attention to himself (think rolling & crawling on the floor). After about 20 minutes, I lost my patience. We left rather quickly and the following conversation took place:

Hutch: "Mama, are you mad at me?"
Me: "No, Hutch, I am just a bit frustrated. I needed to do one thing and I spent the whole time trying to keep you in line."
Hutch: "You can't be mad on Mama-Hutch Day."
Me: "Hutch, I am not mad, it's just you are a big boy and you were not acting like one. You can't roll and crawl around on the floor in a place like that. It's just frustrating when I am trying to do something and I can't do it because I am too busy getting on to you."
Hutch (after a long, thoughtful pause): "Well! Today has been the best day of my life!"

Fantastic. Thanks, Hutch! :) He most certainly is our little politician.

Happy Halloween, a day late for most of you- right on time for us as we are trick-or-treating tonight. Don't you just love modern technology where you can reschedule Halloween for an evening with perfect weather with just the push of a button? The H's didn't understand why we couldn't go trick or treating last night (pouring down rain- all day long) so we let them dress up in their costumes and then took them to Backyard Burger. We watched Charlie Brown and The Great Pumpkin en route, so it was really a perfect evening.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment