Friday, December 6, 2013

A Texas Thanksgiving

 
I bet y'all have about given up on me. Thought I had thrown in the blogging towel. As I am sure you can all relate, things have just been CRAZY TOWN around here. Blowin' and goin' without a moment's rest. November found us in TX every weekend except for one (which we were in Biloxi) so blogging has been the last thing on my mind. I am sure you understand. We so enjoyed spending Thanksgiving with Jeremy's family in Brownwood. Here are some pics from the trip. But, first, let me introduce to the cutest turkey there ever was.
 

You should have heard them sing, "Five fat turkeys..." something or another. It was adorbs. 
 
And, the parents were even invited to stay for lunch afterwards. Which, btw, was one of the best lunches ev-ah.
 
Sweetness.
 
Here are some pics from Brownwood. I tried to take some pretty pictures for Jeremy b/c this place is so special to him. It was actually pretty cool the whole time we were there so we spent LOTS of time outside.




 
Flying pigtail pictures are at the top of my list.
 
Along with little running cowboys.

 
It's not a party until someone breaks out the fake eyebrows!

 
As I am sure most of you can relate to, there was a TON of food on Thanksgiving. As in casseroles, meats, pies, veggies, etc., etc. Hutch came in and took a look and said all he wanted was a  PB & J sandwich. What is wrong with that child???

 
If I had a dollar for every time I chased Hutch and Hazel across that bridge, I would be a wealthy woman.


 
We also drank hot chocolate out of grown up mugs. It was awesome.
 
And, it allowed us to contemplate really important things before gearing up for the day.

 
One of the highlights of the trip? Hutch attempting to slide head first down the stairs on a beach ball. We heard a loud "BOOM!!!" as he made contact with the wall. Then, immediately following, we could hear between his sobs, "That was probably a bad idea! It was all my fault!!!" He's quite the mini dare-devil. Bless his sweet little adventurous heart.
 
I was able to get some pics of the kiddos Saturday before we left. In between the games of tag and bridge-crossing, that is.







 
Group pic!
 
The annual pic- I think this one is my favorite since we have been doing this.

 
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving spent with those that you love. I am so thankful for all of you! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment