So, my random posts seem to be a teensy bit popular with my regular readers (thank you, thank you, thank you to all you special people!), so I am going to give this regular post thing a go and attempt to do a "random" type post each week. I am not necessarily committing to this, per say, but I am going to give it a shot. Here we go...
- This week, while searching for a unique gift for some unique people, I decided that what I really, really wanted was a cool blown glass something or another. I searched a couple of local stores & came up empty handed, which led to the following thought: "That's it. I am going to quit my job and open up my own store where I can blow glass into really cool things. Like birds. And frogs. And bowls." And, then I realized that I have no idea how to blow glass.
- Let it also be known that there have been many times I have not purchased something because I have thought, "I can totally make that. It's ridiculous they are expecting someone to pay $xx.xx for that. Seriously?" This will usually be in response to some cute, smocked or appliqued children's item. By the way, I have never touched a sewing machine and I can barely sew a button.
- Is anyone else disappointed that corn is not a vegetable? I know that this is not news to anyone, but I just found myself thinking about that this week.
- We made this on Sunday. While it was certainly tasty, I think we will try something beer-less next go round. Everytime we reheated it, our kitchen reeked of Sierra Nevada.
- Turnpike Troubadors. Hattiesburg. March 22nd. Still not sold? Tickets only $10.00 per person!! What??? Can't wait to rock it out.
- I have discovered this week that I really dig the retro furniture. I want a retro kitchen table REALLY bad. Come on, Jackson's Craiglist, help a sister out!
- I just purchased the longest book known to man. Well, that may not be true. In fact, it's probably not. BUT, y'all. This book is 800+ pages. The Goldfinch. Heard of it? It's also the first book I have ever purchased without knowing ANYTHING about. It was recommended by Joanna over here.
- We recently realized that Jackson isn't the only city to practically shut down with the threat of frigid temps. To a particular airport: DOUBLE BOO!!!! Canceling a flight approx. 15 hours before it is scheduled to leave is NOT. COOL.
- We are joining a church this weekend- YAY! Finally!
- I got about 3 inches chopped off my hair last week. My head feels about 5 pounds lighter. Thumbs up for over-due haircuts.
- I need some new tunes. Any suggestions? My ipod needs some spice.
That wraps this one up- hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!!