Like my new "Friday Random Post" title? Admit it. It's a bit catchy. Here are this week's Random Things.
- Painting Things: It's really not so bad. I have decided the worst part is actually going to buy the stuff & deciding to go through with it. High fives for taking initiative!
- Favorite part of my days this week: watching Hutch & Hazel shed their school clothes, throw on some "rock star" head bands and jam out to "The Bear Went Over the Mountain."
- Speaking of jamming out, we've been cranking up Toto's "Africa" at our house. It's Hutch and Hazel's current favorite & they've just about learned all the lines. Best part? When the drums kick in just before the chorus & I yell, "You ready, Hutch?? Hit it!!!" And then he breaks out the air drums & it's fantastic. I think he may have inherited this ability from his Uncle Jarrod?
- Speaking of Uncle Jarrod- he & Casey and coming to visit next week! Whoot, Whoot!
- I picked up a bridesmaid's dress last week (yay for Alissa & Pat's wedding!!) at David's Bridal & while I was checking out, a bride-to-be starting ringing this really loud bell. Which, apparently, means she "found her dress." Reminded me of that time that Carly & I were at David's Bridal trying on wedding dresses during a wedding-blitz type thing that involved a DJ, a loud mike, some really cheesy music. When I came out with my first dress on, I think he yelled something like, "HEY! WHAT'S YOUR NAME??" (I responded) and then he said something like, "HEY, LINDSEY, THAT ONE LOOKS GREAT ON YOU!!!" into his microphone. Did I mention that this took place on the weekend when it was super busy? And it was in Houston? So, it didn't look great and I was mortified. Actually, I think we were rolling with laughter it was so funny. Maybe you had to be there. The point is, I remembered all of this & it made me laugh out loud.
Have a lovely weekend! XOXO