Friday, February 14, 2014

The Friday Five- Valentine's Edition

Yo! Happy Valentine's Day! Any big plans? We have a few things going on, but I am most looking forward to dinner w/ my sweet husband. Late night style. As in, 9:00 PM or so. I hope we make it. We're not the spring chickens we used to be. You know, personally, I have never been a big fan of V-Day. I'll just throw that out there. The commercialization. The extremely over-priced flowers. The "can't get reservations because everything is booked." The realization that the Secret Admirer Candy-Gram that you received in 7th grade was actually from your best friend because she didn't want you to be sad. Yeah, that happened. I'm over it, though. Really. It was only, like, 20 years ago. Over.It. :)
 
I still think Valentine's Day tends to be a bit much. But, as I have grown older, I have gained a new appreciation. My Dad used to always get us 3 something sweet for V-Day and my Mom a big 'ole box of Millionaires, which I am pretty sure she did not consume alone. Now, Valentine's Day means passing down those fun traditions. Hutch and Hazel woke up this morning to a few of their favorites- a mylar balloon, a couple of fun suckers, and a new drawing pad. It's certainly not much, but if anything gets these kiddos excited it's balloons & candy. Whoot, Whoot!
 
So, onto my 5...in honor of Valentine's Day....
 
  1. I just received my first ever IPhone! Virtual high-fives! Now, can someone tell me how to use it? Any tips? Sweet apps? (thanks, Jeremy, love ya)
  2. I kinda loved it on Saturday when Hutch ran into the kitchen to tell CJ, "Hey, your littlest kid won't stop screamin'." Um, rude, (and inaccurate-he's actually the middlest) but still pretty cute.
  3. I really, really love it when Jeremy does the following things: cleans out the dishwasher, pre-makes our coffee the night before, takes the kiddos for fun-nights-with-Daddy (what up, Burger King!), and calls me just to say hi.
  4. I love that a Jimmy Johns recently opened here. Now, we just need Chipotle, Panera Bread, and maybe we can convince Home Slice that Jackson, MS is the perfect spot for location #2.
  5. I really love Matthew E. White's voice. I know, I know...it's not perfect for just any moment. But, when you just want to chill out... check this out. And the name of this song? Big Love. Perfect.
 
 
 
I hope that each and every one of you have a wonderful Valentine's Day- surrounded by those & things that you love! Holla. 

No comments:

Post a Comment